M.A.S.K. Movie

Started by mirth, April 19, 2018, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

So, like GIJoe Rise of Cobra, right?

(Please don't cast Cher as the Baroness, please don't cast Cher as the Baroness, please dont...)

(Now we wait to see who gets that reference.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Probably not as good as that
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

I've never even heard of this MASK thing.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

I think it won at least one Academy award for something. Or was nominated.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

BanzaiCat

Uh, no. LOL

MASK was a silly ass cartoon from back in the 80s. My friends and I watched it because it was highly laughable, in the vein of GI Joe. Everyone has these super-helmets that lets them do things (the only one I can remember is the telekinesis one by the Asian good guy character), and each of them had a specialized vehicle that could do something like fly, eject a boat, all kinds of odd things.

A friend of mine and I used to do ninja comics in high school. I remember one of my stories was my ninja killing every one of the M.A.S.K. people in hilarious ways, starting with the annoying kid and his dumb R2-D2 rip-off robot.  :DD

(Sounds psychotic I know, but you had to be there. Ninja movies were atrociously yet hilariously violent back in the 80s.)

BanzaiCat

I imagine this will make your brain hurt and lose about 10 IQ points. (This would explain a lot of what's wrong with me today.)

I further imagine it would be a lot worse for a scienti engineer like Barth. :)

JasonPratt

I suppose I had better explain my joke now, of eliding M.A.S.K. with the Oscarbait film from 1985 (...wow, actually around the same time period, I had legitimately forgotten that) staring Cher and Eric Holtz.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089560/awards?ref_=tt_awd

(I realize BC was explaining the cartoon for Stagger, who hadn't heard of it.)

mirth

BanzaiCat

Gusington

If we could get the kid from Mask in to a live action version of BC's comic with special guest star Cher in a crossover role as the Baronness - it would be better han anything Hollywood could come up with.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Is this film named 'Mask' because you'll want to wear one when you go see it?  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Huh.

I reject that nineteeneighties and substitute my own.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 20, 2018, 06:44:12 PM
Huh.

I reject that nineteeneighties and substitute my own.

Not sold on that as an improvement :P

Staggerwing

Guess you had to be there...   :coolsmiley: