Godspeed Barbara Bush

Started by mirth, April 15, 2018, 08:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

A few years ago, my wife transcribed one of her hospital reports
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

My cousin has a signed picture of the two of them sitting together at a whistle stop campaign tour in 92.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Steelgrave

I met her and not-yet-President Bush in 1979 in Houston when Bush was kicking off his run for the Presidency against a crowded Republican field, including Ronald Reagan. I shook Bush's hand while thinking he would never be President, lol. Even back then Barbara had that shock of white hair. She's a great lady, Barbara Bush.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

George H.W. used to fly down to the Keys to fish when he was President and my brother being a Captain in the Sheriff's Office used to be on the Protective Detail every time he came down. He's got lots of pics with President Bush who always liked meeting the local cops but I don't think Barbara ever came with him fishing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 15, 2018, 10:23:30 PMbut I don't think Barbara ever came with him fishing.

Isn't "leaving the wife at home" sort of the whole point of a fishing trip?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

If you think the wife stays home while the husband is fishing, then you don't look at your credit card bill/bank account. 

BanzaiCat

When I worked for United back in 99-2000 at IAH, Lufthansa contracted us to work the ground for their FRA-IAH and IAH-FRA flights. British Air's (at the time) 747 was at the next gate, maybe 30 feet away. I remember Barbara and the two Bush girls (they were little at the time) going up the jet stairs to board the BA flight.

Another time I was putting the pushback/tow bar onto the Lufthansa's nose gear when several dark-windowed SUVs pulled up not ten feet from me and a bunch of stereotypical Secret Service types got out. Bush hopped right out and shook someone's hand and went up the jet stairs. It all happened so fast it took my brain a minute to realize whoa, that was George Bush Sr. not ten feet away from me. I'm surprised the SS didn't make me stand back.

Gusington

You are probably only slightly more threatening looking than me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I'm at least twice as tall as you are.

But you're still probably more threatening than me.

Gusington

Do you look more like Cleetus from Dukes of Hazard or Shaggy from Scooby Doo?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

More like Joe Don Baker on his downslide years.