Shooter at Youtube HQ

Started by steve58, April 03, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

...oops :-[, meant to post this in the Current Events forum.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Hospital officials told KTVU that they received multiple patients.

...not sounding good. >:(

Jarhead0331

This didn't take long at all.

I hate to say it, but it was only a matter of time, since they started censoring and banning gun-related content.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bayonetbrant

I've seen in three places that it was a lovers spat. One of the victims was the shooters ex boyfriend
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

SirAndrewD

Hell hath no fury. 

Glad the only death so far was the perp. Hope that holds.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

MikeGER

....i have read somewhere (maybe it was the onion ;)) that a women's and queer rights SJW-organisation already demanding:
"It cant be right that a women on a rampage cant shoot straight, and still don't achieve the same terrifying results and so equal level of public recognition as a male aggressor in a personal crisis. There has to be a state financed free target training and weapons familiarisation program for woman, queers, and gender insecure persons"

Pete Dero

YouTube shooting: Female suspect 'angry over video postings'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43638221

In January 2017 she posted a video complaining that YouTube was filtering her content, leading to fewer views.

On her website she also ranted against YouTube, saying: "Videos of targeted users are filtered and merely relegated, so that people can hardly see their videos."

She also wrote: "There is no equal growth opportunity on YouTube or any other video sharing site. Your channel will grow if they want [it] to!"

Aghdam's father, Ismail, told local US media she was angry because YouTube had stopped paying her for videos

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MikeGER on April 04, 2018, 01:12:18 AM
....i have read somewhere (maybe it was the onion ;)) that a women's and queer rights SJW-organisation already demanding:
"It cant be right that a women on a rampage cant shoot straight, and still don't achieve the same terrifying results and so equal level of public recognition as a male aggressor in a personal crisis. There has to be a state financed free target training and weapons familiarisation program for woman, queers, and gender insecure persons"

MikeGer, we do not tolerate attacks based on ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. You have been a member of our community for long enough to know this and you have been warned in the past.

Please use the next 72 hours in which you will be banned to reflect on how your comments negatively reflect on our community and impact other members.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

BanzaiCat

This is tragic, though I'm honestly surprised it took this long to happen. YouTube is known for being biased in how it enforces its de-monitization policies. Though going in guns blazing is a bit of an over-reaction, obviously. Her videos might not have been all that interesting to begin with.

Hope those that were injured make a quick recovery.

JasonPratt

Incidentally, while she has an evidently Muslim-sounding name, she was apparently posting vegan environmentalist things. So, not exactly the rationale one might inductively expect from past experience. (I'm using "rationale" for want of a better word.)

https://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/news/story/0002/20180404/KCN1HB0WB_2

In case that's paywalled (though I doubt it should be):

QuoteAghdam ran a website called NasimeSabz.com, which translates as "Green Breeze" from Persian, on which she posted about Persian culture, veganism and long, rambling passages railing against corporations and governments.

"BE AWARE! Dictatorships exist in all countries. But with different tactics," she wrote. "They care only for short term profits & anything to to reach their goals even by fooling simple-minded people."

More at the Reuters article.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pete Dero

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nasim-aghdam-reportedly-idd-as-youtube-shooter?ref=home

The woman suspected of shooting three people at YouTube HQ "hated" the video-sharing company, according to her father, who spoke to a local newspaper reporter Tuesday night.
Nasim Aghdam's dad told the Bay Area News Group that he had warned police officers his daughter might be headed for the YouTube campus when she was reported missing by the family this week.

Mountain View police confirmed they had found a woman going by the same name asleep in her car in the early hours of Tuesday morning. A spokeswoman told the AP they had called her family to let them know she was safe, but did not comment on the claims they were warned about her ultimate destination.

Aghdam's brother said he feared she may do something dangerous.

"I Googled 'Mountain View' and it was close to YouTube headquarters. And she had a problem with Youtube," the brother told KGTV. "So I called that cop again and told him there's a reason she went all the way from San Diego to there, so she might do something.

Hours later, she opened fire.

"So they didn't do anything, and she got killed," the brother said.

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 04, 2018, 08:11:13 AM
Incidentally, while she has an evidently Muslim-sounding name

Aghdam's family said they arrived in California from Iran in 1996. Her brother said Nasim had been living in San Diego with her grandfather.

Jarhead0331

This seems like an obvious case of a delusional individual upset over youtube's content and monetization policies that she perceived as an unfair form of censorship.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

DoctorQuest

I am curious how she got into the building in the first place. Most companies (esp. tech) have pretty good badge or biometric (or both) based security.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.