Niger Ambush Helmet Cam Footage

Started by Jarhead0331, March 05, 2018, 11:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Extremely upsetting and difficult to watch, but posted as a testament to their courage. RIP.

The following footage is from the helmet camera of a Special Forces soldier caught in the infamous ambush in Niger that occurred on October 4th of last year. The footage illustrates some hard facts and dispels many myths about the ambush that had not previously been brought to light. The attack happened extremely fast, as most ambushes do, and created a chaotic scenario for the men caught in it.

The video is very hard to watch but serves to educate anyone who does not fully grasp the reality of war, violence and combat. The men were outnumbered and once fire superiority was lost due to the nature and execution of the ambush, the situation quickly began to deteriorate. The team was caught out in the open with only their (unarmored) vehicles and what looks to be a B6 Land Cruiser (armored) to use as cover and the militants were dispersed throughout a tree line in greater numbers. With no way to regain the initiative, the men attempted to egress and were eventually killed. They killed 21 enemy militants before it was all over.

Draw your own conclusions about the situation but hold reverence for the fallen in your soul and hatred for the enemy in your heart. The original audio was removed because it features a typical Islamic State extremist propaganda soundtrack paired with added false screams. SOFREP doesn't support that shit, obviously. We honor these men by watching their last stand, not by turning away; they were true warriors to the end.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MikeGER

Quotehold reverence for the fallen in your soul and hatred for the enemy in your heart

oh I do! ...and all the way back since the day of 9/11

RIP

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Fuck  :(

Make room at the tables in Valhalla.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus