CDC employee who left work after feeling unwell is still missing

Started by BanzaiCat, February 23, 2018, 10:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Get ready, this is how zombie outbreaks start...

QuoteCDC employee who left work after feeling unwell is still missing

US news  1 hour ago

Atlanta police are seeking information about CDC employee Dr. Tim Cunningham, who went missing 11 days ago. Cunningham, an epidemiologist, has not been in touch with his family. He serves as a public health service commander with a specialization in epidemic outbreaks.

Staggerwing

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Elon Musk just started selling flame throwers.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

was the Doc with the rank of Commander pushing medical science papers at his workplace the past weeks,
or did he worked inside a level 2 or higher biohazard lab, or was on travel in 'shithole countries' for collecting samples and evaluation ? ???

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Yeep! -- he's going to end up in the Missing 411 database, you guys!!

http://www.wral.com/police-missing-cdc-worker-s-body-recovered-in-atlanta-river/17466404/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/body-of-missing-cdc-employee-found-in-chattahoochee-river/ar-AAvw1xt

More specifically the subsection about young men in mostly-urban settings implausibly drowning and turning up in unusual ways.

A lot of typical tropes here:

1.) Highly intelligent, doing well at work, highly regarded by peers and community, no clear signs for suicide. (Medical profession or training is not uncommon, too.)

2.) Leaves somewhere in a suddenly ill condition. (Not in all cases but not uncommon.)

3.) Body found in an area already searched. (This one seems a little more normal than usual, since the body was partially buried in mud. But dogs, especially cadaver dogs, still missed it.)

4.) Body found not far from area of disappearance. (Typically closer than further away, which synchs with the oddity of being an area already searched, sometimes repeatedly.)

5.) No sign of foul play; no sign of accidental death either. (Coroner or CME acting somewhat baffled in interviews, pretty common, too.)

6.) Body found face up. (Unusual for male drowning victims, but common in these cases. Could be explained by contingent local factors this time, perhaps, having been caught on some debris, perhaps rolled over.)

7.) Erratic behavior before death. (Went home sick, but then went out jogging? Without money or wallet, which maybe makes sense to avoid mugging, but these are often left behind by victims. Also without phone, which makes no sense. Parents have call and texts from him the day/night before, Feb 11th, and are so concerned by something in his behavior that they drive down to see him, finding his stuff at home and him missing.)

8.) Victim is tracked on video shortly before something happens to them; investigators nevertheless unsure when and where the victim goes in the water or how. (Not much detail yet on this point; sometimes in these cases this can get rather extreme.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback