Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus

Started by Jarhead0331, February 21, 2018, 11:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Take control of one of the most technologically advanced armies in the Imperium - The Adeptus Mechanicus. As Magos Dominus Faustinius, you'll lead the expedition on the newly rediscovered planet of Silva Tenebris. Manage resources, discover long-forgotten tech, plan tactical operations using the Noosphere technology and control your Tech-Priests every move.

Your every decision will shape the missions ahead and ultimately decide the fate of the troops under your command. However, choose your path carefully - the Imperium depends on it.

Augment
Flesh is weak! Upgrade your Tech-Priests limbs with mechanical augments made from the blessed metals of the Omnissiah. Customize your team with hundreds of possibilities, creating a squad to suit your playstyle.

Difficult Decisions
Make tough decisions that will forge the future from your Ark Mechanicus, The Caestus Metalican, and send you towards alternate endings for a truly unique playthrough.

Experience the Noosphere
Use the Adeptus Mechanicus' evolved human cognition to scan unexplored tombs for valuable data in order to gain a tactical advantage over your enemy.

The Library
A compelling story written by Black Library author, Ben Counter, specifically crafted to fit the unique personality of the Adeptus Mechanicus faction.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/673880/Warhammer_40000_Mechanicus/

From another relatively unknown developer...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

With all of these WH40K games, you'd think GW would contact the guy who made the Space Marine Chapter management sim and offer him to make an officially licensed game.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on February 21, 2018, 12:13:30 PM
With all of these WH40K games, you'd think GW would contact the guy who made the Space Marine Chapter management sim and offer him to make an officially licensed game.

But then the game might actually be worth playing, and GW has proven that this is something they clearly have no interest in...outside of a few bright exceptions.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Geezer

Not sure what to make of it yet, but Ben Counter is certainly a well known WH40K writer so maybe he will write us a good story.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Cyrano

Play as a tech-priest, you say.

These fellers are digging into every nook and cranny if the IP, I'll say that.

Bears watching...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

That certainly puts a new spin on the phrase "the taint of the Warp".

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RyanE

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 21, 2018, 10:28:53 PM
That certainly puts a new spin on the phrase "the taint of the Warp".

Not many things make me spit coffee...that one did.  I had to take another sip and spit it again.

Taint space, taint warp.

HoodedHorseJoe

The tech-priests are not who'd I'd picked if they'd told me I could have a W40K that wasn't about Space Marines or Orks, but at least it's not about Space Marines or Orks.

I'm not up-to-date with all the sub-factions, do the Mechanicus have any combat units they'd use in favour of whatever main Imperium forces they'd be rocking around with?
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: WargamerJoe on February 22, 2018, 09:54:02 AM

I'm not up-to-date with all the sub-factions, do the Mechanicus have any combat units they'd use in favour of whatever main Imperium forces they'd be rocking around with?
Yes...Look up Skitarii. Also the Titan legions are affiliated with the Cult of the Machine.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Skitarii
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I am really hoping for Titans to be included here.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2018, 09:58:20 AM
I am really hoping for Titans to be included here.

Very unlikely...just doesn't look like the right scale.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

You are a crusher of dreams. Oh well I'll play Titanfall instead.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 22, 2018, 10:07:16 AM
You are a crusher of dreams. Oh well I'll play Titanfall instead.

If its Titans you want, play the Ultimate Apocalypse Mod for DoW Soulstorm. It rocks!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog