Main Menu

Zulu Dawn!!!!

Started by spelk, February 19, 2018, 01:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spelk

holy shit!

http://digitalgameworks.com/index.php/first-look-zulu-dawn/

I guess it's Jeff Lapkoff, using the new engine to that 'Nam title out recently... to cover the Anglo-Zulu War.. count me in, naturally.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

Very intriguing, but there are some funky design decisions going on there!
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Cyrano on February 19, 2018, 05:03:00 PM

+1

What is up with the counters?

Nefaro

What's up with all the placeholder models?

Con

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on February 19, 2018, 11:38:05 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on February 19, 2018, 05:03:00 PM

+1

What is up with the counters?
They need clipping

Sir Slash

I'd be Shaka'd if it's any good.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

The Vietnam game unfortunately appeared to be lackluster and basic in the extreme. Not sure this title will be much different. I wouldn't get too excited fellas.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Slick Wilhelm

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 20, 2018, 10:26:33 AM
The Vietnam game unfortunately appeared to be lackluster and basic in the extreme. Not sure this title will be much different. I wouldn't get too excited fellas.

agreed...this developer has put out interesting themes but i haven't found any of them to seem actually fun to play.

spelk

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 21, 2018, 05:37:46 AM
agreed...this developer has put out interesting themes but i haven't found any of them to seem actually fun to play.

I got a lot of enjoyment out of "The Drift 1879" game.

http://sugarfreegamer.com/the-drift-1879-aar-part-1/

But then, I am the target audience for games about the Anglo-Zulu War given my interest in the subject.

The current games under this developer (if they are even the same people) , have certainly come on in terms of presentation, but so have our expectations of games.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but mainly because any game about AZW is better than no game at all. :)

Grim.Reaper

i wish the best for it.....just have my expectations very low

JasonPratt

I had a lot of fun with the prior Vietnam game, partly because of its elegant simplicity, and the designer introduced a lot more complexity and detail into the followup Afghanistan game -- my only problem with it so far, is that the tutorials can be easily broken.  :pullhair: Which given the laudable attempt at connecting the tutorial missions to historical developments in the war, also somewhat breaks my attempts at tracking through a 'historical development' play of the game.  :-\ But if I would just get past the tutorial missions that wouldn't be a problem anymore -- I could start proper games at any time, and RTFM like a real grog rather than trying to insist on handholding. So I acknowledge my failure to keep going on the game is also partly my own problem.

For me, anyway, this is a no-brainer: I like the Anglo-Zulu war setting, and I appreciate the designer and look forward to seeing what he'll do with the topic.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!