US Selling Alaskan Islands to Russia

Started by OJsDad, February 13, 2018, 08:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Each morning, I skim through the letters to the editor in the local newspaper.  Most is the normal back and forth arguments about politics and local issues from the same people.  But yesterday, this showed up.  Have any of you heard of this or is this person just another whack job.  I'm voting for whack job, but just curious as to what you think. 

QuoteSAVE OUR ALASKAN ISLANDS!
Non-elected bureaucrats in the State Department are secretly planning to give away sovereign American territories of Alaskan islands to the Russians.

Our Congress, employed by us, must stop them from handing over Wrangell, Bennett, Jeanette, Henrietta, Cooper, Sea Lion Rock and Sea Otter Rock to the Russians.

Included in the deal will be the 200-mile economic zones around these islands which could afford the Russians massive profits!

These resource rich islands and seabeds will become Russian territory instead of sovereign American lands. Why?

Let your voices be heard with a simple phone call/message by notifying your Ohio congressional representatives and two senators immediately. Stop the funding of our money of these negotiations!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

That made the rounds a few years ago during the Obama administration - pretty sure it's a hoax.

edit: ninja'd

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

^I think FDR tried to give away the Nazi base on the moon we inherited after WWII.   :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

I once tried to cede my backyard to Sweden so they could have a place for the Swedish Bikini Volleyball Team to train. Didn't work. Turns out they didn't actually train at all.  :o  Who knew?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

Quote from: bbmike on February 13, 2018, 08:16:38 AM
^I think FDR tried to give away the Nazi base on the moon we inherited after WWII.   :P

Neil Armstrong got there in time to stop deal!

Staggerwing

Quote from: OJsDad on February 13, 2018, 05:54:07 PM

I always suspected that NASA had packed some heat in those moon landers, you know... just in case.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 13, 2018, 07:46:33 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on February 13, 2018, 05:54:07 PM

I always suspected that NASA had packed some heat in those moon landers, you know... just in case.

Nuclear mortars

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3669/moon-base-clavius
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers