Bad driving - urgh

Started by JudgeDredd, February 07, 2018, 05:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Luckily I have very few issues. But these are 4 from recent cycling around my area - all just commuting to/from work so routes I use regularly.

Thankfully most drivers are very sensible and respectful.

Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

What you show there is pretty much what happens in this part of the world. People here have zero respect for bikers - BUT - it should be said that bikers here have very little respect for the rules of the road.

trailrunner

That kind of stuff happens routinely.

On my ride to work in the morning, I have a nice light on my helmet.  Usually I am very careful to be careful and not blind anyone with it, but there have been times when I've used it to prevent a car from pulling out in front of me or doing something else stupid.

Jarhead0331

Dude...please...be careful!

I have a friend who relocated to Thailand and he is always sharing videos of what happens to bikers on mopeds over there. Its really...REALLY crazy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 07, 2018, 05:32:04 PM
Dude...please...be careful!

I have a friend who relocated to Thailand and he is always sharing videos of what happens to bikers on mopeds over there. Its really...REALLY crazy.
Aw....you care  :smitten:

I do keep my wits about me. The van driver as soon as I saw him take his position I knew he'd seen me. I was more scared when he pulled out initially because you never know if they saw you or not.

The first car I wasn't going very fast - but I am always on the lookout for cars pulling out of junctions.

The middle car and the last one - they proper scare me because I can't keep my wits about me with people behind me. I can - for the most part - avoid things ahead of me by anticipating - but from behind, I don't stand a chance.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 07, 2018, 05:18:22 PM
What you show there is pretty much what happens in this part of the world. People here have zero respect for bikers - BUT - it should be said that bikers here have very little respect for the rules of the road.
Unfortunately, that is the case across alot of the UK also.

But drivers of vehicles can do serious damage to a biker - including death - and fairly easily. I am unaware of any car drivers that have been killed or seriously injured by a cyclist.  :buck2:

I don't look at all drivers as arseholes just because a few drive bad. I would expect the same from drivers of vehicles.
Alba gu' brath