Mil-speak contest winners

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2018, 03:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

https://taskandpurpose.com/top-mil-speak-contest-entries/

Quote1. Trent Hahn: "Hey shitbird, get your pog dickbeaters off my fucking nods."

Quote7. Michael McCoy: "With the NEO CONOP activation and SPMAGTF going hot the DONSA is called off and CCDR needs the FUPLANS OPT to refine the TCP LOE's, IMO's, & MOP/MOEs NLT COB today."

Quote11. Operational: The ODA was on the ramp for a HALO infil but ISR was CHARLIE FOXTROT, so they were CANX and RTB."

Quote19. Jason Gammons: "Tell the CJSOAC LNO that the CONOP that his J5 put together for FARP and Golden Hour for the op scheduled for the next POD is like cat shit on a white hot hibachi."

plenty more at the link
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

The only one I can even guess at is #11.
"Kids were at the bus stop waiting but the bus broke down (or sumpin') so the field trip got cancelled and every one went back home."
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Are we sure #1 is Mil-speak? Sounds like something Bob or UCG would say.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

trailrunner

When I worked F-22, a pilot was briefing us.  In his first sentence, almost every word was an acronym.  And it all made perfect sense to me.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 03, 2018, 03:22:00 PM
"Kids were at the bus stop waiting but the bus broke down (or sumpin') so the field trip got cancelled and every one went back home."

ODA = Operational Detachment Alpha.  That's an SF A-team, like the one in 12 Strong.
HALO = high altitude, low opening (parachute insertion)
infil = infiltration
ISR = intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
CHARLIE FOXTROT = clusterfuck
CANX = cancelled
RTB = return to base
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on February 03, 2018, 03:34:40 PM
Are we sure #1 is Mil-speak? Sounds like something Bob or UCG would say.

pog = person other (than) grunt
dickbeaters = hands
nods = NODs = Night Observation Device(s)  (night vision sights)

trailrunner

Besides the ones that Brant IDd:

MOP/MOE = measure of performance/effectiveness
CONOP = concept of operations
LNO = liaison officer
NLT COB = no later than close of business (all my tasks seem to come with this)

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 03, 2018, 03:42:14 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on February 03, 2018, 03:22:00 PM

ODA = Operational Detachment Alpha.  That's an SF A-team, like the one in 12 Strong.
HALO = high altitude, low opening (parachute insertion)
infil = infiltration
ISR = intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
CHARLIE FOXTROT = clusterfuck
CANX = cancelled
RTB = return to base

Well, at least I was close.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Quote5. Adam Carlson: "Some blue falcon ratfucked the box and only left triple C."

:DD

blue falcon = someone who fucks over their buddies (?)
ratfucked = taking the good stuff and leaving the crapola behind
triple C = not quite sure, tbh

MetalDog

Blue falcon = Pilot?
Ratfucked = I concur with B_C's definition
triple C = the worst of the MREs
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I thought BF might refer to an Air Force (puke), but I remember something about BFs being 'buddy fuckers,' basic assholes that fuck over their pals, and I'm just guessing considering the context and that BF is a phonetic alphabet usage - but then why wouldn't it be 'bravo foxtrot?' I dunno. :(

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob