Coffee a Cancer Hazard?

Started by Labbug, February 02, 2018, 09:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Greybriar

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 02, 2018, 10:40:19 AM
it's one thing to inform people of a potential risk

it's another thing to remove their freedom of choice for taking the risk

Well put! O0

Now from the for what it's worth department: A number of years ago a study was conducted that indicated coffee causes cancer. This conclusion was reached because Mormons have a lower rate of cancer than the rest of the population and Mormons don't drink coffee.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Barthheart

Quote from: Greybriar on February 02, 2018, 11:29:46 AM

Well put! O0

Now from the for what it's worth department: A number of years ago a study was conducted that indicated coffee causes cancer. This conclusion was reached because Mormons have a lower rate of cancer than the rest of the population and Mormons don't drink coffee.

Mormons don't smoke either which probably has a significantly larger effect on cancer rates....

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Greybriar on February 02, 2018, 11:29:46 AM

Well put! O0

They're also not supposed to have pre-marital sex, so not sure how that factors in, either.

(note used of "supposed to" ;D)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

Vile bean drippings!  I knew it!  Drink tea like a civilized person, you savages.  (It's just covered with the occasional bit of dried feces because the pickers just crap in the fields.)

Right, back to enjoying my carbonated beverage with delicious, all natural aspartic acid.

Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 02, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
Vile bean drippings!  I knew it!  Drink tea like a civilized person, you savages.  (It's just covered with the occasional bit of dried feces because the pickers just crap in the fields.)

Right, back to enjoying my carbonated beverage with delicious, all natural aspartic acid.

Yeah, boiled dry leaves sounds so much better than boiled roasted beans....  :P

mirth

It's the roasting that turns them into cancer causing death beans
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Barthheart on February 02, 2018, 11:54:14 AM

Yeah, boiled dry leaves sounds so much better than boiled roasted beans....  :P

Yes, quite....harrumph 🧐

bayonetbrant

hear, hear!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

acctingman

Good read gents....I enjoyed it as I drank my 4 shot mocha!

O0

Sir Slash

California is a carcinogen! BAN THEM!  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Cancer Causing Death BeansTM

Now THERE is the name of a band.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mirth

"Each sip could be your last."

airboy

Average day I drink 2+ cups of coffee,
2+ diet cokes
1+ shots of quality liquor
at least 4 packages of aspartame artificial sweetener

But its not the cancer, its the heart condition or the diabetes that will kill me. 
Unlike Mirth, I love my wife so an enraged alcoholic, bar-fly MILF is unlikely to do me in.

mirth

Quote from: airboy on February 02, 2018, 01:40:48 PM
Unlike Mirth, I love my wife so an enraged alcoholic, bar-fly MILF is unlikely to do me in.

Unlike Mirth, you have a wife ;)