floating cities and printout Warships

Started by gameleaper, January 24, 2018, 02:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

the graphine that was invented at The University of Manchester that can be used as a siv for sea water to take out the salt, could give rise to floating cities on the sea,

there is a tech centre in coventry that was recently on the news, the use a powdered allow to 3d print metal, at the moment they have done airplane engine parts, BUT scale it up and printout ships .

I wont be making any further posys in this thread RUNNING FOR COVER

bbmike

The might want to ship some graphine to Cape Town before they start building floating cities.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Toonces

Can they print me up a donut?  My breakfast sucked this morning.  I think I put too much water in my oatmeal.  And oatmeal sucks to begin with.

Speaking of oatmeal, did you know that humans first started eating oatmeal in 12th century England?  True story.  One of the abbot's servants accidentally spilled some oats into the hot water he was boiling to make the abbot's tea.  Anyway, it was the last of the good water, so the servant brought it out anyway and told the abbot he'd made him a special treat.  What do you call this, my son? asked the abbot.  Horsemeal was the answer, because at that time only the horses ate the oats.  Well that won't do, said the abbot.  How about oatmeal sirrah? asked the servant.  That is a passing good name, said the abbot and hence began humanity's love affair with oatmeal.

Except for me.  Mine was watery.  So, about that laser graphite donut?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

OJsDad

Was in Denver a couple of years ago for work.  The hotel actually had burnt oatmeal.  Then tried to cover it up by watering it down.   :tickedoff:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

It takes a special kind of incompetence to burn oatmeal.

Toonces

There is a fine line that must be walked between too much, and too little dilution of said oatmeal.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Barthheart

Oatmeal is awful... I have no idea how you can eat that regular, watery or burnt.  :P

A good bowl of bran flakes and bran buds with some milk is a good fibre start to the day. Guaranteed to generate at least one good sized BM before noon.  :bd:

BanzaiCat

I guess it shows the demographics of this forum when a thread can devolve from nutter to BMs in no time flat.

OJsDad

I'm surprised Airboy and Brant haven't jumped in singing the virtues of grits. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MikeGER

oatmeal ?  ...i put that (dry or soaked in cheapest sunflower oil) in the bird feeder

why eat oatmeal when you can have marzipan croissants or some almond splinter stollen with Nutella for breakfast  :)

Sir Slash

Oatmeal I can handle. My wife likes Cream of Wheat and that looks too much like what the prisoners at the Hanoi Hilton were fed to appeal to me. Grits are very good if cooked correctly which a lot of people don't. BM-Wise, a large bowl of Raisin Bran will do the trick pretty quick. And if you need a bit of an assist with that in a lubricant sort of way, a couple of table spoons of Mineral Oil in your morning coffee works fine. Frosted Flakes is like crack for me which is why I NEVER go down that section of the grocery aisle.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.