Combat Mission 20th Anniversary trailer

Started by Michael Dorosh, November 23, 2017, 11:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

These things take time young mirth

There are traditions to uphold

The gauntlet is thrown, next there should be pricing, drm, graphics, a small company can only do so much, Steve grammont, the forums, updates not been updates and price gouging - then and only then can we move onto the next level

Barthheart

But what is the next level.... actual game play criticism?

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

chemkid

how about a sale - i'd like me some italians...  hmmm, pasta! :D

undercovergeek

Quote from: Barthheart on November 24, 2017, 01:43:24 PM
But what is the next level.... actual game play criticism?

Typing in capitals whilst arguing it's not as good as it used to be

mirth

Barthheart

Quote from: chemkid on November 24, 2017, 01:45:08 PM
how about a sale - i'd like me some italians...  hmmm, pasta! :D

Only if there is a water boiling DRM for the pasta....

Zulu1966

Quote from: Ubercat on November 24, 2017, 01:01:14 PM
I wasn't really paying attention to that part. I focused on the part about the ridiculous DRM that has required me to start at least 3 helpdesk tickets since the initial release of CMBN, just to play the games that I paid for. I don't care how friendly they are. I shouldn't have to be talking to them! Certainly not in the age of Steam and plenty of other distribution platforms that are almost as convenient.

Is that the "boringly familiar agenda" you were referring to?

It wasn't your agenda I was reffering to so take a chill pill. If you know dorosh he's been banging his drum for a decade.
Personally never had an issue with the DRM so not a point I can argue on or have any interest in.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

mirth

Quote from: Zulu1966 on November 24, 2017, 01:47:32 PM
It wasn't your agenda I was reffering to so take a chill pill.

Oh that'll settle things down.

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 24, 2017, 01:45:34 PM
Typing in capitals whilst arguing it's not as good as it used to be

YOU COULD NOT BE MORE WRONG!!!

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Zulu1966 on November 24, 2017, 01:47:32 PM
It wasn't your agenda I was reffering to so take a chill pill. If you know dorosh

Don't pretend that *you* do, dearie.

Quotehe's been banging his drum for a decade.

Two decades, you need to pay closer attention. :-)

QuotePersonally never had an issue with the DRM so not a point I can argue on or have any interest in.

I don't have an issue with the DRM either. I have Shock Force, Normandy, Red Thunder, Fortress Italy, Black Sea and Final Blitzkrieg, all have worked flawlessly for me. That doesn't make me blind to the buzz in the community, though, or unable to find humour in some of the discussions.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: MC on November 24, 2017, 01:28:57 PM
Don't know why you would have to produce a game to have a valid opinion. I'm not involved in building houses or in the making of anything currently in my house. Doesn't mean I shouldn't have an opinion on any of those things. I can't say whether I agree or disagree with his opinion since I only played the original CM but if you want to exclude those not involved in making these games then you should exclude 99% of the critical messages on these forums.   

Well said. And naturally, if "Zulu1966" likes a game, any critical observation or humorous aside regarding it must also be ruthlessly deleted, since he is obviously right, and everyone else is just as obviously wrong.

To be clear, the video offers no opinion and gives no advice on whether anyone should buy CM. BFC has been very good about providing full-featured demos for their products. I gave up on trying to tell people what flavor of ice cream they are "supposed" to like a long time ago.

mirth