RIP -- Country music legend Mel Tillis

Started by steve58, November 19, 2017, 12:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Country music singer Mel Tillis, whose six-decade career included hits such as "I Ain't Never" and "Coca Cola Cowboy" and who never let his stutter get in the way of him becoming a legend, died on Sunday, his publicist confirmed. He was 85.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/19/country-music-legend-mel-tillis-dead-at-85.html

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bayonetbrant

I was going to title the thread RIP-P-P-P M-m-m-m-mel Til-il-il-il-is
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I saw Mel Tillis once. He used to have a weekly show and once they filmed it locally at a nearby ranch. It was way back in 1974, my senior year in High School. Me and an old girlfriend spent a Saturday afternoon drinking beer, eating Doritoes, and watching Mel film his show. Good times! R.I.P. Mel.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.