LnL Tactical Question

Started by bbmike, October 26, 2017, 05:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ubercat

Quote from: mirth on October 26, 2017, 06:59:50 PM
1776 is quite nice as well. I've been enjoying that for the past few weeks.

Early this last summer, my wife's boss made me my first Old Fashioned with 1776. It wasn't bad, but I probably should have drank a bit less that day. Sailor Jerry keeps interfering with my spiritual education.  O:-)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on October 26, 2017, 06:59:50 PM
1776 is quite nice as well. I've been enjoying that for the past few weeks.

+1   :bd:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Quote from: bbmike on October 26, 2017, 06:00:25 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on October 26, 2017, 05:11:44 PM
;)

Oh and what kind of bourbon? Answer correctly or I shan't help you any more..... :knuppel2:

Bulleit bourbon. In a Star Trek whiskey glass.
Thanks, the adjacent buildings are confusing. Are they two buildings? One? I also figured that the levels would play a role. I think there are two levels for a stone building. I tend to overthink board game rules a bit too much.

3 hex buildings have two levels, regardless of their construction. Scenario special rules will give other buildings a second level if required. In the scenario you are playing there are no second levels.

2nd level of a building is adjacent only the level/hex directly below it and a hex of the same building on the same level.
Yes 2nd level is a separate "hex" from the ground level.
Units on a 2nd level are not considered adjacent to units outside the building on the ground in the next hex.
This is important for combat. Adjacent units get a +2 fire power modifier.
Units on a 2nd level firing at units outside the building in the next hex do not get this modifier.
If they fire at units on the lower level of their same hex or the same level in the same building in the adjacent hex they do get the modifier.

bbmike

So... in my case the Germans get the +2 modifier because they are adjacent (there is no second level)?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

bbmike

Thanks! I'll raise a toast in your honor.  :notworthy:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

We should play some time.....

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on October 28, 2017, 03:17:19 PM
We should play some time.....

I hear lots of people play games at Origins :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

I'm usually anti-multiplayer but once I get a couple of scenarios under my belt I might take you up on that offer.
And yes, I'm available Origins 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021...  :P
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak