Hoffy in the Hospital

Started by Hofstadter, October 18, 2017, 05:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hofstadter

My stitches are supposed to come out friday, but I think I'll probably need surgery again due to them popping during sleepwalking. Of course my psycho mother refuses to let me go to the hospital, can't even catch a bus or something due to the heat

Bugger this.  Don't think I'll be getting out of the sling for months. My left arm is in so much pain I had to triple the oxy
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Staggerwing

Dude, you need to decrease that oxy as soon as you can. Big Pharma lied when they said it was less addicting. You need to do whatever you can to reduce it's hold on you because that shit was practically engineered to make junkies.

If your mum won't let you get proper treatment then call a friend or two and tell them you need help now. Get them to sneak you out and get to a hospital ASAP. Tell them what's going on and that you need proper responsible pain management. Get some professionals involved in your battle.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

So sorry to hear about your injuries and difficulty recovering.  Missed this while traveling.  I've prayed for your recovery.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Hofstadter

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 13, 2017, 10:09:54 PM
Dude, you need to decrease that oxy as soon as you can. Big Pharma lied when they said it was less addicting. You need to do whatever you can to reduce it's hold on you because that shit was practically engineered to make junkies.

If your mum won't let you get proper treatment then call a friend or two and tell them you need help now. Get them to sneak you out and get to a hospital ASAP. Tell them what's going on and that you need proper responsible pain management. Get some professionals involved in your battle.

I don't really have any friends, at least none that will to help. Ive been talking about my physical and emotional abuse for years and I've never gotten help.
My wargaming channel

BanzaiCat

Stags is absolutely correct. You should not use oxygen if there's no need for it.

Do you use a pulse-ox monitor? It's the clippy thing that goes on the end of one finger. Unless your O2 saturation is in the mid-to-low 90s or lower, you should NOT be using it regularly. O2 from tanks is supposed to be a temporary fix to stabilize a low O2 content in the blood stream. If you're using O2 when your saturation is normal, you're putting poison into yourself.

Did your doctor prescribe oxygen? If so I can only imagine it was because of a low blood saturation. If not, he's probably a quack. I can't think of any reason to order such a thing otherwise.  ???

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Hofstadter on November 13, 2017, 09:29:56 PMMy left arm is in so much pain I had to triple the oxy

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 13, 2017, 10:09:54 PMDude, you need to decrease that oxy as soon as you can.

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 14, 2017, 06:55:55 AM
Stags is absolutely correct. You should not use oxygen if there's no need for it.

Oxycontin, not Oxygen

no one really wants to kick their oxygen addiction
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Ha!  :D

Well, that's still true. At least that's what they taught me when I was working an ambulance.

Oxycontin is...well, it has a metric ton of contraindications. One of the worst ones (IMO anyway) is how it slows your breathing down. I say "worst" because if you're not close to hyperventilating and breathing normally, this could be bad news. It can also swell up your throat.

acctingman

Quote from: Hofstadter on November 14, 2017, 04:14:41 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 13, 2017, 10:09:54 PM

I don't really have any friends, at least none that will to help. Ive been talking about my physical and emotional abuse for years and I've never gotten help.

YOU are your best friend. Not preaching or making light of this, but you have to think this way to make it in life in my opinion. Yea, friends/family make for a nice support network, you have to be your best friend.

Best of luck on a speedy recovery there Hof  O0

mirth

Thinking of you and wishing you the best, Hof.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Hofstadter

If you wanna see pics of my wounds. They are located here https://www.reddit.com/r/MedicalGore/comments/7eyxua/jumped_through_window_during_night_terror/

Fair warning, my friend threw up on seeing those images

Last week I went to the doctors, the nurses had no idea where my wounds were, and since I can't really see them they got pissy at my bad descriptions. I also asked the doctor "at week two i woke up with terrible pain my arm, but I think it was a muscle spasm from a terror, what can I expect if the sutures ripped?"

His exact words "It is what it is, we can't just open you up to you think you had a night terror"

I want to kick him in the balls.
My wargaming channel

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel

airboy

bayonetbrant

Wow - I hope you finish healing up soon