That time of year has come again to scare Gus!

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2017, 11:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

You're welcome, Gus. I haven't played Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition yet but I just discovered it in my GOG game library and am installing it now. As to when I'll get around to playing it...well, possibly next month during Halloween. ;D
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

I asked my family to euthanize me in my sleep before I become to senile.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on September 16, 2017, 02:59:35 PM
I asked my family to euthanize me in my sleep before I become to senile.

What's taking them so long?

Gusington

Well I threw them off by replacing 'too' with 'to,' y'see...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on September 16, 2017, 03:37:13 PM
Well I threw them off by replacing 'too' with 'to,' y'see...

Hehe. Always leave 'em guessing.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Sang-Froid is exactly free on Steam right now for no reason I can understand.  ???

It isn't a jump-out-and-boo kind of game, but it's certainly a game about overcoming fear (by both faithing and sciencing the bleep out of it.  O0 ) Atmosphere is very good.

Space Beast Terror Fright (which should be "Terror Fight" frankly) is a properly dread-inducing Space Hulk kind of game. It's also hard as hell, even with multiple players, and throat clenching alone. Looks a bit old-school as a 3D shooter, but claustophobic and dark. Light exists only to give you hope to take away.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Checking out Sang Froid again now. I remember being somewhat interested when it was released a few years ago.

Greybriar that Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary game looks pretty good!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I played it back in college and enjoyed it then but I wouldn't call it scary.  It's an old-timey point and click adventure game.

You might want to have a look at Layers of Fear.  It's pretty spooky in places but it's also full of a lot of horror cliches.  Good game if you can find it on sale.

Also, the team who made that recently released a cyberpunk adventure called Observer and the main character is voiced by Rutger Hauer (I think he needs to lay off the smokes and whiskey.  He's starting to sound like my aunt).  It's very, very Blade Runnery.   

I'm only about 90 minutes into it so far so I can't tell you if the story's any good but the aesthetic is fantastic.  The amount of detail the artists crammed into each location is phenomenal. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I thought we decided that 'Shower With Your Dad' game from last year was the scariest game ever?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I had finally forgotten about that and now look what you did.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Started playing Enderal (conversion mod for Skyrim) again and in the last hour found four different locations that look like they will fit the scary bill well.

Local cemetery outside the capital city of Ark [unexplored]:

Some kind of fortress, not too far from the cemetery:

Gate surrounding the manor house of the 'Aged Man,' a bizarre old hermit/artist who likes 'puppets':

Entering the Aged Man's manor house to complete a quest. Wish us luck.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd