Did you ever hear, the one about FRI-DAY

Started by MetalDog, September 15, 2017, 05:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I'm starting Armada 2526 - one of the many games I've not played at all.  I've finished reading the rules and worked through the tutorial.

I hope to draw the maps for the first couple of battles in my Call of Cthulhu scenario I'm designing for Origins.  I've got all of the initial mystery stuff and characters designed.

Wolfe1759

airboy - Armada 2526 is a fun game, if you haven't got the Gold version then Supernova is a very worthwhile addition to the base game.

For me some more Master of Orion modded with 5X and UTP, a bit more Strategic Command and possibly some Empires of Steel.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

CJReich46

Well,

I am off as of now, and Saturday but working Sunday.

Gaming wise? I am currently in my game of Polaris Sector (open beta) and it is going rather well. I must have gotten lucky with the neighbors because the only one that right next door is the Vagalars (Koala) they're friendly, they don't seem to intrude in my territory. Gavakens (Birdies) and Urgans are systems away. No problems with either of them. Although somehow I managed to tweak the Erians, and I have no idea why but they're mad, and they are on the far side of the galaxy as it is.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FarAway Sooner

A little PBEM of Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided with a buddy of mine, and maybe something else fun, too.  Not sure what yet!

Kushan

Mainly going to be Prepar3d for me. After a long week at work and pulling off a minor miracle on helping to get a project done within two days, I feel like rewarding myself in the form of buying the PMDG 737 NGX. Sure I'll be spending a good amount of time reading the documentation to just get it started, let alone get it into the air.

Fired up FCRS for the first time in ages last weekend. Forgot how much I really like the engine. Playing the Bread and Butter scenario from the FPG scenario pack; US 1st Bde, 8th Inf Div attack on a soviet supply depot. So far I've lost a company of Abrams, mainly from my own stupidity, but in return I've been hammering soviet mech infantry. Using my tanks to hold the center, supported by some infantry but am swinging most of my infantry down to cross a river and approach the soviets from the south.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

The PMDG 737 is fantastic, as I'm sure you know.  They do a great job.  You will need to read at least a quick-start or something to fly it, though (again, as you probably know).

Little gaming this weekend (did none last weekend), so my goals are modest, either some sort of flight sim, or some wargame like SoW, CMANO, or Cold Waters

If I get to only one, I'll consider it a win.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mikeck

Well, I still don't have power 6 days after the hurricane and I've worked every day since Monday the 4th and will continue until Wednesday the 20th. For this latest 2 week pay period I will have worked 162 hours in two weeks. I'm getting a little "on-edge" and could really use some gaming time.

I sleep in my office since my house has no power and not enough pumping stations are running to clear sewage...so it's backing up. Fun!

So thank god my laptop can run Mount and Blade. I'm so mad that it took me this long to find this awesome game. Using Floris mod but may switch to the "medieval Conquest" mod.

Also playing a bit of "Wars of Seccession". The game is very polished and I really hope AGEOD releases it soon. You guys who are fans on 18th century warfare will love it.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

airboy

Quote from: mikeck on September 16, 2017, 09:34:13 AM
Well, I still don't have power 6 days after the hurricane and I've worked every day since Monday the 4th and will continue until Wednesday the 20th. For this latest 2 week pay period I will have worked 162 hours in two weeks. I'm getting a little "on-edge" and could really use some gaming time.

I sleep in my office since my house has no power and not enough pumping stations are running to clear sewage...so it's backing up. Fun!

So thank god my laptop can run Mount and Blade. I'm so mad that it took me this long to find this awesome game. Using Floris mod but may switch to the "medieval Conquest" mod.

Also playing a bit of "Wars of Seccession". The game is very polished and I really hope AGEOD releases it soon. You guys who are fans on 18th century warfare will love it.

Hope you get power back soon.  And adequate sewer service.  Hope you are adequately compensated for all of your work and get some comp time at least.

Sort of reminds you of the basics of Civilization from Rome. 

OJsDad

BEHOLD!!!  The Great Jewish Kingdom of Poland. 

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: airboy on September 15, 2017, 02:42:20 PM
I'm starting Armada 2526 - one of the many games I've not played at all.  I've finished reading the rules and worked through the tutorial.

I hope to draw the maps for the first couple of battles in my Call of Cthulhu scenario I'm designing for Origins.  I've got all of the initial mystery stuff and characters designed.

I've really enjoyed Armada 2526 Gold.  Some of the controls and summary readouts are better than any 4x Space game I've ever played.  Oddly, I could not find a Strategy Guide or FAQ anywhere.  I probably started 7 games until I got the hang of the game design.

Kushan

Quote from: Toonces on September 16, 2017, 07:46:09 AM
The PMDG 737 is fantastic, as I'm sure you know.  They do a great job.  You will need to read at least a quick-start or something to fly it, though (again, as you probably know).

Little gaming this weekend (did none last weekend), so my goals are modest, either some sort of flight sim, or some wargame like SoW, CMANO, or Cold Waters

If I get to only one, I'll consider it a win.

I've been watching videos on all of the PMDG aircraft for over a year. Almost every major FSX/P3D youtuber and streamer flys them at some point. As predicted I spent Saturday reading through the procedures and flows. As much as I love all of the detail, I can't help but feel like a lot of it is fluff. Ditching procedures for example, while nice to have, don't really apply to a sim. Watched a couple of videos on doing a cold and dark start, not all that difficult and I was able to at least get it started. Spent most of today starting to put together a combined checklist/procedure flow google document. I found a few similar things online where others had the same idea but I had some issues with how they were formatted so decided to make my own.

Played some FCRS and got my ass handed to me. My Abrams preferred to shoot at BMP infantry carriers rather then the 3 companies of T-80 tanks shooting at them. Over half my staring tanks are now gone. Still have most of my infantry, field mortars, and off map artillery intact but I don't think they have the strength to push through the soviet line, including crossing a river, and take the VPs.

Played some CMANO for the first time in forever. After some needed time away, it felt good to just sit down and play for fun, no streaming, no focusing solely on scenario creation (although I did do some). Loaded up one of my favorite targets, the Kola peninsula, then proceeded to systematically flatten it with a combination of multiple carrier groups, mobile air bases in the Norwegian Sea, and a few guided missile battleships.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

JasonPratt

Well I got a few things done this weekend, but I spent an unconsciable amount of time working on figuring out how to beat Pre-Dynastic Egypt.

Haven't stayed up until 2:30am in a while.

In better news: Ysk and I inched closer to our RT game! Bought our sides and ready to place troops. Note to self -- figure out again how to place troops, since I have totally forgotten how to do so, and my last several experimental attempts all ended in failure. Reading the instructions may have to occur.  :buck2: (Which I would have done sooner, but dangit I used to play CMx1 somewhat regularly, I should remember how to do this!!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!