Comrade Detective (2017 - A. Prime)

Started by Nefaro, September 11, 2017, 02:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Satirical 'buddy cop' comedy series... set in 1983 communist Romania.   <:-)

The Jordache jeans *capitalist invasion* bits get better in each scene they come up.  Plus the communist propaganda satire throughout.  :2funny:

That look on his face & "Drop the f%&#in' jeans!!"   :DD

Another scene, directly after this one, had me laughing pretty good when a detective's daughter happens to pick up a pair they had brought back to his home.  The actors' facial expressions, when witnessing what they consider capitalist behavior, is hilarious in the couple episodes I've seen thus far.   

Staggerwing

I saw the first ep a while back and it is indeed enjoyable.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 11, 2017, 06:37:32 AM
I saw the first ep a while back and it is indeed enjoyable.

I thought the second and third episodes were better than the first.  The faux communist propaganda bits, and their jabs at the "capitalist wh*res" get better.  :))

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

A good show. I caught the first episode.  O0