Tweezer Options

Started by Bison, September 10, 2017, 12:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Trying to handle stacked wargame counters with tweezers seems like it would just make it more troublesome.

Are you guys really so palsied as to require tools to pick up cardboard pieces?   :))

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Barthheart

Quote from: Nefaro on September 11, 2017, 02:26:44 AM
Trying to handle stacked wargame counters with tweezers seems like it would just make it more troublesome.

Are you guys really so palsied as to require tools to pick up cardboard pieces?   :))

+1
Never understood the use of tweezers myself..... ???

bob48

So, what do you use to pluck your eyebrows with?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on September 11, 2017, 05:40:09 AM
So, what do you use to pluck your eyebrows with?

Wait until you meet him. The guy is all eyebrows.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

A single stack is fine. It's when that stack is surrounded by 5-6 other stacks that the tweezers become a necessity.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

^This. You don't use them all the time.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on September 11, 2017, 05:55:19 AM

A single stack is fine. It's when that stack is surrounded by 5-6 other stacks that the tweezers become a necessity.

Meh.

I watched someone attempting to do that with tweezers a few times in a video.  It still looked like he would've accomplished it faster by pulling the stack out with his fingers & nudging the rest back in place.

I suppose you guys have the shakes all the time, if that can't be done?    :buck2: 

Lay off the coffee you addict fiends! 

mirth

If you play enough counter heavy wargames, you learn the value of using tweezers to move the counters. It's also much easier to lift a single counter from a stack with screwing up the stack or the surrounding stacks.

Nefaro

Oh....

And trim those corners if you don't want your hairy-cornered stacks of counters velcro'ing to each other!

<:-)

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on September 11, 2017, 01:23:05 PM
And trim those corners if you don't want your hairy-cornered stacks of counters velcro'ing to each other!

exactly! :P

Bison

Bison

Quote from: mirth on September 11, 2017, 05:55:19 AM

Exactly.  Plus it just looks cool.

mirth

Quote from: Pinetree on September 11, 2017, 04:48:04 AM
I have a pair of these. Nice and wide for all sizes of counters:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00275F5JW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered these and the damned light didn't work. Reported it to Amazon,  a second pair was sent and the light was bad on that.  At least I ended up with two pair of nice tweezers for the price of one.