Main Menu

Hello FRIDAY

Started by Tuna, July 21, 2017, 05:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Make sure you talk her into staying all the way to the very last scene Doctor. You'll thank me later.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

It is worth staying for.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 21, 2017, 01:28:30 PM
Make sure you talk her into staying all the way to the very last scene Doctor. You'll thank me later.  O0

My son and I are long time Marvel movie fans. Staying until the crickets start chirping is obligatory.

Thanks for the heads-up anyway.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Toonces

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on July 21, 2017, 10:52:10 AM
I'm going to spend some time learning how to play Atlantic Fleet and Order of Battle:Kriegsmarine. Other than that, it's the usual Red Orchestra 2 and Cold Waters.

Are you still finding a good server for RO2?  I logged on about two weekends ago looking for my normal Rising Storm servers and they were gone.  The rest were RO2.  I was thinking the crowd all migrated to Vietnam.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: mikeck on July 21, 2017, 11:54:28 AM
Scourge of war: Waterloo.

Properly modded with the Grognard UI, new shell explosion graphics and muzzle blasts, I'm loving it.

???

Tell me more!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I'm thinking of firing up Scourge of War: Gettysburg and doing a sandbox battle, maybe Corps v Corps.  I play Union almost exclusively...maybe I'll go crazy and play those traitorous Rebels for a change.

Toonces

I have a strange desire to fire up Skyrim again.  Man, I have so many other D&D's to work through, but Morrowind takes for freaking ever to do anything, and Skyrim always satisfies.  I feel like being satisfied, you know?

jamus34

Quote from: Toonces on July 21, 2017, 04:15:09 PM
I have a strange desire to fire up Skyrim again.  Man, I have so many other D&D's to work through, but Morrowind takes for freaking ever to do anything, and Skyrim always satisfies.  I feel like being satisfied, you know?

I hear a bottle of k-y and a box of Kleenex also "satisfies"
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

Certainly a shorter time commitment than Morrowind.

airboy

I shot 3 rounds of 5 stand (clays with shotgun) this morning.  I played Star Realms time sucker on PC.  I'm going to play another scenario of Skulls & Shackles Pathfinder tonight.  Tomorrow I'm writing Call of Cthulhu scenario.

Gusington

Toonces try the Enderal mod for Skyrim. It rocks.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on July 21, 2017, 10:52:10 AM
I'm going to spend some time learning how to play Atlantic Fleet and Order of Battle:Kriegsmarine. Other than that, it's the usual Red Orchestra 2 and Cold Waters.

Some Gavyteam Tunisia and maybe some Total Warhammer and Naval Action

Toonces

Quote from: airboy on July 21, 2017, 05:08:41 PM
I shot 3 rounds of 5 stand (clays with shotgun) this morning.  I played Star Realms time sucker on PC.  I'm going to play another scenario of Skulls & Shackles Pathfinder tonight.  Tomorrow I'm writing Call of Cthulhu scenario.

Busy man.

Although "Star Realms time sucker" has kind of confused me...   ???

Sir Slash

The final scene in Spider-Man Homecoming is definitely worth staying for. It's all about 'patience'.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

> Be me.
> Get off early from work, due to summer schedule.
> Yay, I can be in time for the Euro Scourge game!
> 3 vs 3, teamed with Biondo and Asid as the Prussians.
> We're going to be corps commanders this time (team leader being army).
> I've got an infantry and a cavalry division.
> I might be the only one (on our side) with a cav division?
> I'm a pretty good brigade commander.
> I'm very mediocre as a division commander, and better when I can grab some regiments and form my own ad hoc brigade.
> Now I'm a corps commander. You can see where this is going.
> Nice new map, not sure where it's from (original game or expansions), but whoever made the minimap more accurately functional THANK YOU!
> Team Prussia starts five or six sectors south of the target city.
> Don't know where Team France is starting, but probably closer.
> Turns out later, they start two or three sectors away, and can just walk to the city.
> My mission: run the cav division and its artillery up the road network at breakneck pace to see if we can get the city first.
> Hope my infantry division can plod up later in time to be useful.
> Race up the road network. My cav division general is must be painted red, because he turbos up ahead of everyone. (Not a problem just funny.)
> Arrive near town with cav blowed out.
> See french flags already arriving in town.
> Dangit.
> Okay, I'll just go take that wooded hill and shoot on the town from there.
> Or not: a French corps walks up onto the wooded hill before my arty even catches up to our position.
> Screw this.
> I'm going to just plop my cannons in this open field and open fire on everything. Muahahahaha.
> Screened by my resting cav. Anything cav gets near me I blast it. Any infantry gets near me, cav scares them, I blast them.
> Basically I'm a giant aggro bluff until the other two corps (and my infantry division) arrive.
> Oh God we're all going to die.
> French arty arrives, starts a bit of dueling.
> I wonder where my infantry division is?
> Ride back up along the road (nicely screened by my cav generals, good job AI).
> Is that my div? No that's Asid's elements.
> Learn from a bit of gaming with my orders interface that my infantry div general accidentally got ordered to park himself somewhere.
> We are now all definitely going to die. But maybe he's close enough to arrive in time to take position on the road as a backstop for us to retreat into before we're overrun.
> Spoiler: he is not.
> Give orders to get moving, park on the road when he gets here, send the courier.
> Amazingly, in hindsight, courier is not intercepted.
> Team France leader took his cav division and tried a deep flank around us.
> Tied up Asid on the Neu Goldberg hill.
> Asid can shoot as many horses as he wants, but he won't be moving any time soon.
> My AI infantry div general somehow realizes he'd be marching into this mess.
> Decides to cut cross country against my road orders instead.
> This is a good plan.
> Marches his division through a lake.
> I learn about this later.
> But at least he arrives at the road safely.
> Better trot my general back to my arty park, see how they're doing.
> CHRIST ALL THE HORSES ARE CHARGING US!
> Can't shoot all the horses fast enough.
> Lose all my arty. Some captured.
> My cav aren't doing so great either.
> Biondo, Team Prussia leader, arrives in person just in time to see me overrun.
> Fortunately, my infantry division finishes swimming across the lake, downridge, and is now arriving.
> Also Biondo's corps on my right flank.
> So the whole enemy army stops curbstomping me for a little while.
> This is around the time I accidentally detect French cav flags coming around us (toward Asid) on our left flank.
> Great. Just great.
> I order the infantry div arty to get up here on my little wooded hill pronto and set up to shoot.
> They're still swimming the lake, unbeknownst to me.
> Detach three regiments to help me secure my little forest hill from cav flanking down the road.
> Basically tell my infantry div commander to start advancing with Biondo's corps, then ignore them because I have no way to keep track of enough in this game (since there isn't really headquarters and stuff to help the general keep track of things. And the AI can be squirrely.)
> But as long as my infantry is helping Biondo's push, that's about the best I can expect.
> Meanwhile, back to being a brigade commander.
> First infantry reg arrives just in time to repulse horses trying to advance down thru forest road.
> I AM THE GREATEST BRIGADE COMMANDER EVER!
> Other regiments arrive in time to form three sides of a box with the tree guarders.
> Arty finally arrives on my little knoll north of the forest hill. Inside the infantry box, slightly down hill.
> I am invincible. Come at me.
> They do.
> They all do.
> They punch me around for an hour and a half.
> The rest of my infantry division dies, more or less.
> I rescue a few reserves and call them over to help me hold the forest hill road.
> Who even knows where the remnants of my cav division are.
> Good luck in the cataclysm.
> Can I get three or four regiments inside my little tree fortress?
> I CAN!
> Eventually it doesn't matter.
> How can cavalry charge me in my tree fortress and drive me out?
> Note to self, square them up in the trees next time.
> This works a little longer.
> Eventually three infantry regiments flee back to tiny forest knoll.
> I rescue exactly one cannon from being overrun, just in time.
> It joins the wooded knoll.
> The AI running the cannon puts it on the right flank of a knoll defense regiment.
> A dang good idea.
> I spend thirty minutes trying to chivvy a regiment that's supposed to be good morale, back into the trees.
> It keeps being panicked by cav regiments nearby.
> But I succeed.
> Eventually.
> I'm just going to chill here and run out the clock.
> Great Lord Above, my net score is now -2000.
> Obviously we're being crushed.
> We should just quit.
> And now my little ad hoc brigade is being overrun by some corps again.
> This is the end.
> Ten minutes left in the game.
> Someone on the other team suggests we quit.
> THANK GOD THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER ACCEPT HIS OFFER!
> We do.
> ... ...... wait, what?
> We basically tied at around 740 points?
> In fact we're around 50 points ahead??
> The other team scored 1000 points easy on the objective. I lost two thousand points. That's a three thousand point deficit right there.
> We still basically tied.
> Asid's final score, net 30.
> Math suggests Biondo steamrolled somebody.
> Three or four somebodies.
> My men were glad to be annihilated defending Prussia from the Antichrist.
> At least we weren't defeated!
> Note to self: stick with divisional command.
> At most.
> Great game though!   8) :cowboy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!