Nemo's War - 2nd Edition

Started by Nefaro, July 05, 2017, 06:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

So the new 2nd edition of Victory Point Games' solitaire Nemo's War has been showing up to KS backers.

By the time the original caught my eye, they had just stopped selling it in favor of doing this second edition.  But I'm often averse to KS backing since I'm often okay with picking up a Retail copy later on.

But I'm starting to get a bit itchy, wondering how many extras are gonna be available for retail.  Since VPG outsourced the production on these - figured I'd start looking for a copy early on.

Lo and behold, an availability post on The Geek pointed to https://www.thegamesteward.com/ 

I'd never seen it before, but apparently they stock up on bulk retailer KS versions, with KS extras.  And they still have some KS copies of Nemo's War left.  :dreamer:  Not sure if the extras were actually worth a damn, but what the hell - it'll be the same price as retail anyway.

My wallet still hates me. 

bayonetbrant

that's cool the way the store loads up on the KS exclusive extras
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 05, 2017, 07:23:40 PM

I thought so too.  And I'm sure they would make steady sales considering the rate at which big expensive boardgames are going through KS these days.

Had often seen those KS pledge levels with 5x or 10x quantities for retailers.  But didn't really know of any retailers who backed & selected those options.  Now I do!  :bd:

bbmike

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 05, 2017, 07:23:40 PM

+1, cool find Nefaro!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Did you ever get this to the table, Nef?

Curious what you (or anyone else with this game) thinks of it.

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 13, 2017, 09:06:54 PM
Did you ever get this to the table, Nef?

Curious what you (or anyone else with this game) thinks of it.

Not yet.  I have a sizable stack of games, including Nemo's War, waiting to get on the table. 

I've been doing some RPG gaming & prep lately, especially with the holidays coming up and people looking to play them, so my solo gaming has been on hold recently.  Hope to start catching up on my unplayed board games in between, once the RPG stuff gets rolling smoothly.

All the reviews I see, of the new Nemo's War, highly praise it.  Mainly for solitaire, of course, since that's what it was made for.  I'd be surprised if it rubbed me wrong, but ya never know.

BanzaiCat

I finally got this myself, but had to save up for a bit. It wasn't getting any cheaper and Alan said it was getting an update through a KS that'll be out next September, but I didn't want to wait nine more months to try to get a copy.

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 28, 2017, 08:47:30 AM
I finally got this myself, but had to save up for a bit. It wasn't getting any cheaper and Alan said it was getting an update through a KS that'll be out next September, but I didn't want to wait nine more months to try to get a copy.

Getting an update?

Or a reprint?

???

BanzaiCat

I think it's an update. "Nautilus Upgrades Expansion + Reprint."

Just about every review I've seen absolutely raves about the game, and this KS was fully funded, the page says, in four hours.  :o

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 28, 2017, 08:57:58 AM
I think it's an update. "Nautilus Upgrades Expansion + Reprint."

Just about every review I've seen absolutely raves about the game, and this KS was fully funded, the page says, in four hours.  :o

Ahh.. so new stuff.   :nerd:   :)

BanzaiCat

Yup. I figure if I love the game I'll get the expansion pack at some point.

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on December 28, 2017, 09:06:06 AM
Yup. I figure if I love the game I'll get the expansion pack at some point.

I get the impression there is a lot of replayability in the core game, but I don't blame them for building on popular success.  :)

BanzaiCat

Oh heck no. More power to them in fact! :)