Happy 150th Birthday Canada!

Started by mirth, June 30, 2017, 10:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Happy Bday Canada.

My wife (Toronto born) and I were in London in Trafalgar Square this last Saturday and there was a HUGE crowd for the celebration.

Lancaster is the second sexiest bomber! First, of course, is the Ju.88  O0

Here in Seattle during the Seafair airshow we see lots of neat planes. Last summer a F-22 and a P-51 flew overhead our house. They were maybe a couple hundred yards right over our house. Needless to say I regressed to a 6 years in seconds!  O0

Barthheart

Barthheart

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on July 03, 2017, 08:48:01 PM
Very cool!  O0

That is cool- I've never seen Fire Ants do that before!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Wow! There must be nothing at all to do in Canada in summer huh?  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Happy Birthday!

But what is it about the giant yellow floating bathroom toy that was on the front page of the Wall St. Journal?

See: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/ontario-conservatives-criticize-plans-for-giant-rubber-duck-attraction/article35149010/

Barthheart

The Provincial government spent a huge amount (>$100,000) of tax dollars to purchase that Duck. It has nothing to do with Canada, the province of Ontario, or anything even remotely to do with our celebration this weekend. Complete waste of money. Which is sadly very typical of this current provincial government....  ::)

BanzaiCat

Did Canada apologize for the noise after that fireworks display?  ;)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers