Author Topic: Injustice 2  (Read 834 times)

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
Injustice 2
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:49:51 PM »
Is anyone playing this game?
It came out some days ago for PS4&XBone.

It's kinda neat. Has some nice additions to the previous one (despite removing a lot of fighters I liked).
And I even created a Guild for anyone here who cares (Grogheads). :)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Injustice 2
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 01:12:23 PM »
I played IJ1 on PS3, and beat the main campaign at least twice, along with messing with some of the side-campaigns (so to speak). I never got the expansions, even when the whole thing was released on PC eventually. I may rectify that on a sale someday.

No doubt I'll wait for IJ2 (and its kit) to be released on PC later this year.  O0
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 01:43:04 PM »
I played IJ1 on PS3, and beat the main campaign at least twice, along with messing with some of the side-campaigns (so to speak). I never got the expansions, even when the whole thing was released on PC eventually. I may rectify that on a sale someday.

No doubt I'll wait for IJ2 (and its kit) to be released on PC later this year.  O0

I personally prefer to play this on the PS4 so I can play couch-multiplayer :)
(Actually had several hours of playing it yesterday with a friend)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Longbowman
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »
I just can't get into fighting games anymore. This looks good with story and cutscenes, but once the gameplay starts, it's still just a fighter in fancy clothes.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 04:26:55 PM »
I just can't get into fighting games anymore. This looks good with story and cutscenes, but once the gameplay starts, it's still just a fighter in fancy clothes.

+1 Wish I could get into it, know I would not.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 05:42:53 PM »
There are some pretty good "movie" edits of the first game floating around (and maybe of the second already). It works surprisingly well as a 2-1/2 hour epic.

It helps that a lot of DCAU voice actors return, and/or supplemental actors like Troy Baker who plays the Joker, practicing his Mark Hamill impression here for the first time, before refining it brilliantly for Arkham: Origins (and, to be fair, Blackgate and the related animated Suicide Squad movie tie-in which was much better than the live action film.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:45:37 PM by JasonPratt »
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 03:06:22 AM »
The Joker in Injustice 2 sounds nothing like the Mark Hamill one.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 08:33:25 AM »
Huh. Wonder if they changed actors from Baker then...  ???

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 11:31:09 AM »
Richard Epcar does the Joker:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0258268/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18

He apparently also did him in the first game.

Also, Phil Lamarr does Aquaman, which is funny because I thought it was just my imagination that Aquaman sounded black :P

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 01:19:35 PM »
Phil also does (or did, but I'm presuming still does for the new finale Season 5) the voice of Samurai Jack.

Re Troy not playing Joker in Injustice1... huh. I wonder why I thought he did? -- but if it wasn't him, that would explain why the Hamill impression is a lot rougher and not very good; I thought he was just working out how best to play Hamill-as-Joker. I am both disappointed and relieved!  :D

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 05:37:01 PM »
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 04:10:40 PM »
Btw, be sure to pay attention to the subtitles in that ep -- they add a couple of hilarious parenthetical comments!  :2funny:

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 10:23:00 AM »
Red Hood was released as a DLC recently.

A shame no one here but I enjoys this game :(

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »
And Sub-Zero was released today.

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
Hellboy!