Main Menu

The Orville

Started by mirth, May 16, 2017, 11:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

This actually looks fun

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Almost everything MacFarlane does is hilarious.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Steelgrave

You're right, it does look like fun. Reminds me of some other sci/fi series but I can't quite put my finger on it. 

Is this a movie or series?

mirth

Series. Fox ordered 13 episodes for the 2017-2018 season.

Steelgrave

Sweet. Already it's better than Voyager  :hide:  I'll def have to catch it. Nice find!

DoctorQuest

Adrianne Palicki is a great choice for the female lead.

This could be really good.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Steelgrave

Directors include Jonathan Frakes, Brannon Bragda and Robert Duncan McNeil .  Maybe a few Star Trek tie ins there, eh?

bbmike

Meh. Same old tired, lowbrow humor. If that clip represents the best scenes then it's a miss for me.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Well, you still have Star Trek: Discovery to look forward to.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on May 16, 2017, 05:10:33 PM
Well, you still have Star Trek: Discovery to look forward to.

Now THAT should be funny!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Wet blankets, ya'll. I'm looking forward to it.

mirth