Advanced Platoon Leader

Started by Barthheart, May 11, 2017, 03:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Thanks bob. I thought that was the case (in the video the guy mentioned perforating the line) but as I'm going to put them onto card, doesn't seem worth the ink.

Can't do anything about it though.

I have to say, I'm impressed with the quality of the print on Matte photo paper

I will do an unboxing thread when I've finished - if I get the components together (I may have an issue with that foam card as Brant pointed out)
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 28, 2017, 01:50:21 PM
I will do an unboxing thread when I've finished - if I get the components together (I may have an issue with that foam card as Brant pointed out)

O0

I look forward to that, JD.

JudgeDredd

Man - this Print and Play is a lot of work!  :wow:
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

It can be.  :D But then you have the satisfaction of knowing you built a game with yer own hands.  O0

HSGAMES

Judgedredd,
You are not required to mount every counter included in the game.  You need only mount that which is required for a particular scenario.  Most of the German counters are merely included for DIY scenarios. 

BanzaiCat

I think you'll find GrogHeads is full of overachievers.

mirth

Quote from: BC on June 30, 2017, 04:18:20 PM

At douche-canoeing
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

To an extent, but as your avatar title clearly states...

Barthheart

I resemble that remark!  :knuppel2:

JudgeDredd

Quote from: HSGAMES on June 30, 2017, 04:15:45 PM
Judgedredd,
You are not required to mount every counter included in the game.  You need only mount that which is required for a particular scenario.  Most of the German counters are merely included for DIY scenarios.
Thanks you.

I know - but I wouldn't feel it was complete if I didn't do them all.  ;D
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I'm currently debating whether to put the "backs" on the back of the terrain cards. They don't add anything but aesthetics and making them a bit sturdier. The reason I'm debating is I might well run out of spray glue

I did put the backs onto the back of the Stat cards, weather card and VP card and they are very robust...so it might be worth it

That spray glue is damn messy! Lots of waste paper required to prevent it going onto table/work top

Looking good though so far. I haven't cut out the counters yet - I'm a bit wary after it being said it may be brittle. I will do it - just waiting for some courage  :-"
Alba gu' brath

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on June 30, 2017, 05:16:53 PM

I resemble that remark!  :knuppel2:

you don't even trim your counters!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

I'm nearly done. The foam stuff want working out so I put the counters on card and then again so they are sturdy.

Is there really only one company of US troops? There's something like 5 or 6 companies of German troops
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Yeah but the Germans have 5 different types of units and you don't use them together much, regulars, conscripts, vets, paras, engineers, etc.
For the US all you have are paras.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on July 01, 2017, 02:49:42 PM
Yeah but the Germans have 5 different types of units and you don't use them together much, regulars, conscripts, vets, paras, engineers, etc.
For the US all you have are paras.
Ah-ha....cool. Thanks  O0
Alba gu' brath