Steel Division 1944 (by wargame red dragon devs) in game trailer and unit stream

Started by Destraex, March 29, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I'd play it. But I am a real rookie vs people and don't have any decks setup for it.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Greybriar

At the moment, Steam has Steel Division: Normandy 44 - Second Wave Bundle on sale for $24.46 U.S. I am very tempted by this offer.

So, what's the verdict? Is Steel Division: Normandy 44 worth playing?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

fabius

Recently tried the 'Storm in the West' Mod- seemed to give the game better firefights.

jamus34

I think it's really well done and the engine really is better suited to WWII that current generation hardware of the wargame series where a hit is a kill.

That said the game is dead. You might find some guys here that are willing to play but Eugen really screwed the pooch on how they handled this game and the server issues.
Insert witty comment here.

Rayfer

Quote from: jamus34 on November 16, 2017, 11:57:47 AM
I think it's really well done and the engine really is better suited to WWII that current generation hardware of the wargame series where a hit is a kill.

That said the game is dead. You might find some guys here that are willing to play but Eugen really screwed the pooch on how they handled this game and the server issues.

But in my opinion it remains an outstanding single player experience.

Barthheart

I'm still having fun playing solo. The new Attack/Defend scenarios are good for when you just want to blow crap up with WWII toys.

Greybriar

Thanks guys. I appreciate your thoughts. O0

I will pull the trigger on this for the single-player mode alone.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Barthheart

New update today! Emphasis mine!  :D

QuoteNew Update: Santa Claws
Kicking off the Steel Division: Normandy 44's Christmas Event, here's the long-awaited Santa Claws Update patchlog! This update is a special one: it was tested and approved by the community (you) during an open-beta phase. It brings some cool gameplay changes, as well as some long-awaited features:

Gameplay changes:
Vehicles' critical damages can now be repaired by supply units
Reworked damage & critical hit systems
Adjusted vehicle off-road speed
Increased Short/Mid range precision

Features:
Moddable DLC Content: Second Wave DLC owners can now create mods with the DLC content
Active Pause: the game can now be paused with the "P" key in Single Player (campaign, skirmish...), while still allowing you to give orders.
Private "Breakthrough" game

Fixes:
Improved AI in Attack/Defense Breakthrough games
Fixed some rare crashes
Fixed Carrier Recce UI buttons (Fire at Position, Auto-cover, Return fire)
Fixed 2e DB Lance-Flammes unit, now able to get back into its vehicles
Fixed LeFH 18M smoke cursor
Fixed Pzh 39H (21.Panzer) AP shots stress values
Fixed PzH Lorraine 105 top view picture
Fixed Canadian Ace Leo Major's weapon on his 3D model and 2D picture
Fixed Troop formation bug on multiple selection

Jarhead0331

^That'll be a game changer for a lot of old grogs around here.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

Father Ted

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 21, 2017, 11:37:18 AM
^That'll be a game changer for a lot of old grogs around here.

Yep, I may buy it now (not that I'm admitting to being old, daddio).

Actually, for me, it's less about my supposed lack of reaction time and more about the fact that when I play these games I don't get a chance to enjoy the shiny graphics

acctingman

Quote from: Barthheart on December 21, 2017, 11:23:40 AM
New update today! Emphasis mine!  :D

QuoteNew Update: Santa Claws
Kicking off the Steel Division: Normandy 44's Christmas Event, here's the long-awaited Santa Claws Update patchlog! This update is a special one: it was tested and approved by the community (you) during an open-beta phase. It brings some cool gameplay changes, as well as some long-awaited features:

Gameplay changes:
Vehicles' critical damages can now be repaired by supply units
Reworked damage & critical hit systems
Adjusted vehicle off-road speed
Increased Short/Mid range precision

Features:
Moddable DLC Content: Second Wave DLC owners can now create mods with the DLC content
Active Pause: the game can now be paused with the "P" key in Single Player (campaign, skirmish...), while still allowing you to give orders.
Private "Breakthrough" game

Fixes:
Improved AI in Attack/Defense Breakthrough games
Fixed some rare crashes
Fixed Carrier Recce UI buttons (Fire at Position, Auto-cover, Return fire)
Fixed 2e DB Lance-Flammes unit, now able to get back into its vehicles
Fixed LeFH 18M smoke cursor
Fixed Pzh 39H (21.Panzer) AP shots stress values
Fixed PzH Lorraine 105 top view picture
Fixed Canadian Ace Leo Major's weapon on his 3D model and 2D picture
Fixed Troop formation bug on multiple selection

Much awesomeness!!! Thank you!  O0

Barthheart

Quote from: Father Ted on December 21, 2017, 01:24:49 PM
Actually, for me, it's less about my supposed lack of reaction time and more about the fact that when I play these games I don't get a chance to enjoy the shiny graphics

This! Now we'll be able to zoom right in while the action is going and see the cool models up close.