Started by Jarhead0331, November 13, 2016, 01:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Cool...didn't know about this.

Going to get this....looks nice.  :clap:

Grim.Reaper

early access prices will be $29.99

Greybriar

I don't believe I will be able to pass this up and will buy it ASAP when it goes up for sale.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

IronX

Really enjoyed Gettysburg so this is an automatic purchase for me.

I like the way troops and commanders gain experience throughout the war, making the game somewhat more than just a collection of battles.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 14, 2016, 01:44:42 PM
early access prices will be $29.99

They also mentioned the release is now in Valve hands....so likely means any day now if just waiting for release window.....maybe tomorrow?  Tuesdays are always popular release days:)

Grim.Reaper

This is the one thing that likely will make me buy on release....an easier way to control the hectic battlefield of large engagements.

Innovative command system: You decide which level of control you want. Command every unit individually or just give them a main goal with one button click and watch if they can take that hill. Army divisions commanders can make decisions on their own and help you control the largest army. Draw a defensive line and allocated brigades will defend it like lions. Or design a deep flanking maneuver by just drawing an arrow and send the whole army to the enemy flank or the rear. Your generals will try to fulfill your orders, although "no plan survives contact with the enemy".

GJK

I'd be curious to see how the game handles battles such as Antietam and Chancellorsville because if it just plops the historical units that were present on those battlefields and overlooks some of the extraneous command issues and surprise attacks then it's not going to be very accurate or if Burnside is always delayed and A.P. Hill always shows at the same time, then the replayability is going to suck.  Hopefully they can beef up the AI a bit too; after a handful of plays, it becomes easy to tear apart the AI in GB even on the toughest settings.  All that negativity aside, it'll be a day-one purchase for me as well.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

Every time I look at my Steam library I go to Ultimate General: Gettysburg, but I never play it. I bought it in April and still haven't put one minute into it. :(

There needs to be more hours in the day.

Still, thanks for the heads-up on this...added to my wishlist.

sandman2575

Light-bulb finally went off as I realized this wasn't a thread about Ultimate General: Gettysburg.

Full campaign! Wow. Definitely wishlisted.

PanzerFaust

Oh my god.

I loved Gettysburg. I was expecting a new battle, but nothing of this size. This is amazing. Day one buy for me.

FlickJax

I still haven't launched first one although had it for ages. Will still buy first day though, just don't tell her indoors!

Grim.Reaper

Think will be released today....showing under new releases although you can't buy yet.

Grim.Reaper

So much for being released today.....moved back to November 2016 and not under newly released.

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: DoctorQuest on November 15, 2016, 07:07:40 PM
Sigh....

Two more weeks.

Did they announce a specific date or are you just saying that worse case is last day in November?