Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Started by OJsDad, October 19, 2016, 12:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

The wife and I saw it tonight.  With her being out of town so much it took us a bit to get to it.

We thought it was either equal or better than the first one.  The villain was much better.  Teenage Groot in the end clip was perhaps the funniest thing in the entire movie.  Well, my wife thinks that "crabby puppy" was better since we have a "crabby schnauzer mongrel."

OJsDad

Finally got to see this today.  I swear, I wasn't sure if I was in a comedy or scifi movie for the first 15 mins.  I finally decided I was in both, a SciFiCom? 

I thought it was just a little behind the 1st one, but not by much, and I think that's more to do with the first one being such a surprise. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

posted before
worth posting again :)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

I literally couldn't believe this was a legitimate release promo from Marvel at first. I thought it had to be a spoof.

I was right, but Marvel was doing the spoofing.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

1-844-552-GOTG- I'm going to call today!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Nefaro

ROFL   :DD

That is .... .. some funktastic marketing they continue to do! 

:2funny:

mirth

Fabulous. Absolutely fabulous!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

WOW!  Stan and David had the vision to make that video clear back in the 70's.  Was that Slash at the end of the video taking a bow?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Came here to post this; was only slightly disappointed to be too late.  :dreamer:

Sir Slash

That wasn't me taking a bow but it could've been a MUCH younger Mirth.  :wow:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

BanzaiCat

Finally watched it - forgot to post about it. Good movie. Not as epic as the first, but damn good on its own!

I rate it six Republicans out of nine CAALLL-i-forn-ya Loves.

MetalDog

I liked it, too.  Not as much as the first one, but, it was still pretty good.

Quote from: Nefaro on August 06, 2017, 02:34:59 PM

^And that, sir, is f-ing EPIC!  Marvel totally gets it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob