So has anybody here read all 30 + Horus Heresy novels ?

Started by MIGMaster, September 10, 2016, 07:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I first saw it on a local NYC station when I was around ten, just a few years after it was released in theaters and have loved it ever since.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

I continue to plow thru these puppies - On novel 13 - novel 10 (in release order) was one of the best so far !  :bd:

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

W8taminute

I have highlighted in orange text below all of the books I've read in the series.  I'm kind of stalled at the moment however and tryhing to read through Prospero Burns.

Quote from: MIGMaster on September 11, 2016, 03:51:47 PM
Scary isn't it ! This is the series in order (which includes anthologies of short stories):

Horus Rising   Dan Abnett   2006
False Gods   Graham McNeill   2006
Galaxy in Flames   Ben Counter   2006
The Flight of the Eisenstein   James Swallow   2007
Fulgrim   Graham McNeill   2007
Descent of Angels   Mitchel Scanlon   2007
Legion   Dan Abnett   2008
Battle for the Abyss   Ben Counter   2008
Mechanicum   Graham McNeill   2008
Tales of Heresy   Various   2009
Fallen Angels   Mike Lee   2009
A Thousand Sons   Graham McNeill   2010
Nemesis   James Swallow   2010
The First Heretic   Aaron Dembski-Bowden   2010

Prospero Burns   Dan Abnett   2011
Age of Darkness   Various   2011
The Outcast Dead   Graham McNeill   2011
Deliverance Lost   Gav Thorpe   2011
Know No Fear   Dan Abnett   2012
The Primarchs   Various   2012
Fear to Tread   James Swallow   2012
Shadows of Treachery   Various   2012
Angel Exterminatus   Graham McNeill   2013
Betrayer   Aaron Dembski-Bowden   2013
Mark of Calth   Various   2013
The Unremembered Empire   Dan Abnett   2014
Scars   Chris Wraight   2014
Vengeful Spirit   Graham McNeill   2014
The Damnation of Pythos   David Annandale   2014
Tallarn: Ironclad   John French   2015
Legacies of Betrayal   Various   2014
Deathfire   Nick Kyme   2015
War Without End   Various   2015
Pharos   Guy Haley   2015
Eye of Terra   Various   2016
The Path of Heaven   Chris Wraight   2016
The Silent War   Various   2016
Angels of Caliban   Gav Thorpe   2016
The Crimson King   Graham McNeill    ???
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

Maybe I'll try the first Horus Heresy novel next instead of that Waterloo book I mentioned in the 'What Are We Reading' thread...  :buck2:

MIGMaster

I find myself flipping back and forth between books to reference stuff - sorta like a freakin' university course. And, of course, I started the Legacy of Caliban series, because my mind is polluted enough with this stuff  :crazy2: Thinking about hitting the Aliens series of books next. 

Gusington

Finished The Wake yesterday and recommend it to anyone who enjoys medieval fiction. The way it's written will blow your mind. Today I began The Normans: From Raiders to Kings by Lars Brownworth:

https://smile.amazon.com/Normans-Raiders-Kings-Lars-Brownworth/dp/1909979082/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1482810559&sr=1-1&keywords=the+normans+from+raiders+to+kings

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

...I'm sure that has some connection to WH40K and the Horus Heresy plotline somehow... by... uh....... linking to the basic Warhammer milieu from which 40K was developed, which counts as medieval fiction in several ways?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MIGMaster

On Book 15 Prospero Burns - Just ordered the next 2 .... >:D