Brazil 2016 Summer Olympics

Started by steve58, July 04, 2016, 05:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Sounds like the 2016 Olympic Summer Games are going to be a mess, if not a disaster :crazy2:  Here's hoping Brazil can get their sh*t together and out of the swimming/boating venues before the games start.  Like 0bama can make Jimmy Carter look good, Rio de Janeiro may end up making the '96 Atlanta Games look great.  >:D
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bbmike

^ Ha! Nobody can make Carter look good. And I think disaster is a good word for the 2016 Olympic Games.  :P

[edit] Hillary might make Carter look good.  :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

undercovergeek

is it just me that thinks this is the stuff of a horror scifi novel

1. have horrible contagious disease in major city
2. invite people from all over the world to said city
3. send them home with contagious disease
4. watch world die whilst rubbing hands together evily

Staggerwing

"Paging Ernst Blofeld! Paging Ernst Blofeld! Ze plan has been leaked!"
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Lmao - I know right?

Someone somewhere is in a wheelchair stroking a cat

OJsDad

I don't know why, but I just am not getting excited about this Olympics.  Maybe just too early. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

I've been more focused on the soccer tournaments this summer, so I might catch up to the Olympics at some point...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

The Olympics are such a money grabbing scam.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Arctic Blast

Yep. Never been a fan. Never will be one.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

I stopped being a fan of the Olympics back during the Seoul summer games. NBC caught a lot of flak because of the ridiculous amount of commercials they decided to play. Ever since then there's been ongoing reports about how corrupt the Olympic Committee is, and when shitholes like Brazil and Sochi get them, you KNOW money, favors, and/or anal orifice fluids are being exchanged.

I'll go ahead and say it: the Olympics are more corrupt than the Clintons. And THAT'S saying something! (shiver)