New Punisher Series

Started by mirth, April 29, 2016, 11:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

The Netflix Punisher series finally got moving... somewhere in the episode double digits.   :knuppel2:

They could've cut the first two-thirds of the season off, and it would've been an improvement.  Needless junk.  I nearly stopped watching more than once, during that time, but kept pushing. 

The writers still didn't do a good job of making him an anti-hero.  You could drop just about any kind of heroic character into the role.  They wasted an opportunity by playing it safe.  ::)

Gusington

So what episode should I start at?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Go to Daredevil Season 2, Episode 1. Watch him kick DD's ass a couple of times then later mix it up with Kingpin. That should set you up for Fan-Let-Down with Punisher 1 holding some guy's hand in a cement mixer.  :-[ Be a man and suffer like the rest of us.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Better than a man-land plan.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

I been hanging with this one mostly cause I got no place else to be and no self respect to go anywhere else. It's starting to get better and better as I go along. Some good action and a few well-placed plot twists along with a decent villain or two and I'm hooked. How do they keep doing this to me? Think they KNOW I don't have any place else to be?  :o

Gusington

Just watched the first episode finally and I really liked it. I say that as a lifetime fan of the comics too. Watching the 2nd one now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Count how many bullets he takes in the whole 13 episode run. I couldn't keep up.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Just finished the 3rd episode where Frank agrees to partner with Micro, titled 'Kandahar.' Hard to watch, uber violent, but very well done.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Gus, if you're liking this series, you may like even better Daredevil Season 2 where Frank makes his bebut and the origin story gets going leading into the whole Micro story. They also throw in Electra for good measure. That's 3 Marvel Superheros for the price of one. Oddly enough Frank and Electra never meet up in the show-- my wife says they should, they're just alike. They do a really great job of the Punisher being almost human and likeable, then he goes off and kills a bunch of thugs and he's back to being 'Frank' again. Good stuff.  :bd:

undercovergeek

Almost finished series 2 of daredevil and really enjoyed it

But I have 2 thoughts - the first is his no kill policy, fight 20 ninjas today, fight them all again tomorrow, fight them all the day after that - stop bitching, it's your fault!

I don't know whether I'm overdosed on over exaggerated mega heroes with one punch death moves but maaaaan it takes him a lot of hits to put a guy down

Gusington

Yeah Slash Daredevil is next on my list.

Just watched Punisher Episode 4: Mustang duel = moist loins!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Electra is HOT. She could put me down without even one punch.  ^-^

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd