New Punisher Series

Started by mirth, April 29, 2016, 11:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 06:42:49 PM
It's out??? I thought there were still a few days left...

Frank executed the extra days.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Pool on how many times he gets shot this season. I say 15.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2017, 06:42:49 PM
It's out??? I thought there were still a few days left...
Yep - dropped onto Netflix 3am (somewhere) on Friday morning.
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Watched the first two episodes.   Ehhhhh.  Second was better than the first, though.

They've been focusing too much on the extra characters thus far.  We got a series about the Punisher, and it seems like half the screen time goes to the others, who just aren't interesting.  The detective's story is the worst offender, and I cringed at some of her lines regarding backstory.

I hope the setup quickly passes, and it gets into Punisherville before long. 

Because the supporting characters and their stories are --->

They need to finally get the focus on Frank and some serious anti-heroing.

Sir Slash

Watched the first episode and liked the plot but wasn't blown-away by the dialog or the acting. Hope it's just a slow start.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

I've seen 8 episodes.

They may as well have called it the Agent Medani and Micro Family show.   ::)

Expected them to draw it out, as they usually do with these series, but it's as if they didn't want Frank to do Punisher things during most of it. 

I keep watching to see if it will kick in to the Punisher fury & brutality, but it appears they didn't want to write such a thing.  Instead we get a bad cop show interspersed with some Frank Castle The Surrogate Father.  *sigh*  WTF Netflix?

Gusington

Any Dolph Lundgren appearances?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yes. He plays a Russian boxer who gets beaten-up by Sly Stallone. His boxing name is "Yo Adrein".

Tpek

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 20, 2017, 12:06:11 AM
Yes. He plays a Russian boxer who gets beaten-up by Sly Stallone. His boxing name is "Yo Adrein".

He appears in the 5th season of Arrow as "Konstantin Kovar", an evil Russian General who wants to overthrow Putin.
(And yet none of the authorities seem even remotely bothered with him and his treason, leaving him entirely to be dealt with by
a small town Russian gang and an American playboy with a primitive bow)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

They think they control him. Think again.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2017, 06:27:13 PM
Any Dolph Lundgren appearances?

I wouldn't be surprised if Triggly Puff showed up as a supporting character.  With water wings.

Gusington

They would get my undying loyalty if that happened.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Second episode's got me 'interested'. Not in Love, but not, not in Love either. This is how DD got me started though. Great NYC scenery though.  O0

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2017, 08:31:38 AM
Sounds great...

It was one of the best things about that season, and better than it sounds (despite the legitimate plot weaknesses listed -- although the gang wasn't small-town, it was supposed to be a major Russian mafia group. Led by a version of the Batman villain known in the comics as the KGBeast, who is Green Arrow's sometime-ally, but who amazingly is not Lundgren's character. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!