Tabletop Simulator - Grogheads Gaming Club

Started by Bison, December 28, 2015, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tpek on July 12, 2017, 02:41:46 PM
I really can't be bothered to read the whole thread, but my interest has been recently rekindled in TTS...
So any good and worthwhile modules out there?

Yes. ...of what kind are you thinking? Vassal modules convert over rather nicely, so there's a ton of SPI and GMT and wargames like that. Most are free (and probably illegal tbh). The modern Warfighter series from DVG, with all expansions, is a big recent paid edition, hugely cost-effective for the content. Scythe is another big licensed boardgame.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

PanzersEast

Scythe and Warfighter are probably two of the best done TTS modules.  I have played a lot of Scythe solo and it really makes it easy to copy the Automa deck for other factions.   

I'm up for some Scythe or just about anything.  I hope we can setup a regular game night to play and keep a rotating schedule of games with maybe some learning sessions in between.  TTS is very well done and I highly recommend... even playing solo as I do is great, however with a group would be an optimal experience.

PanzersEast

If anyone wants a learning session on Scythe I will be glad to setup and show... will have to do a short review, but have played it quite a bit.... all be it solo.

PE

JasonPratt

I'll ping you on that someday, PzE.  O0

Silent Disapproval Robot

Anyone up for Terraforming Mars, Legendary Encounters: Alien, or Great Western Trail?

I can teach any of them.

JasonPratt

Legendary Encounters is a game system that should be ported to pay, stat. Not sure if rights issues would get in the way, but combining fan-favorite film properties into one combat-deck system...  :smitten:

Nefaro

I'd like to do some Legendary Encounters.  Lotsa theme.   :bd:

Been a long time since I played it.  But it's not too hard. 

Thinking the Aliens movie, specifically, would be a good way to start.    :cowboy: 

We're all gonna die, man. 

JasonPratt

BanzaiCat

I've played Legendary Encounters: Alien and would be up for a game.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Two of us are playing Aliens right now if anyone wants to join.

Silent Disapproval Robot

We played Alien 3 twice.  Died horribly the first time but managed to eke out a win on the 2nd run through. 

JasonPratt

I am jealous. But I got into a 3v3 multiplayer Scourge of Waterloo battle for 2-1/2 hours last night, so I was busy.  :))

PanzersEast

I see Blitz! World in Conflict has been released on TTS from Compass Games... anyone have experience with this one?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1106909901&searchtext=

JasonPratt

No, but I notice it was made with the permission (though not strictly the endorsement) of both the designer and the publisher, so that's great!