Star Trek series coming in 2017

Started by steve58, November 02, 2015, 11:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

No, sadly, Voyager and Enterprise were merely holodeck simulations by Riker and Trio. Not Trek at all.  :dreamer:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: mirth on August 17, 2017, 06:06:03 PM
I started rewatching Enterprise this week. Those early episodes are much better than I remember. And Phlox is far less annoying than I thought. Jolene Blaylock is every bit as hawt as I recall.

The theme song is still stupid.

Ive found this to be very true.  we've been slowly going through the series recently and generally enjoy the shot.
the theme song is the worst.  every time I hear it I imagine its Gus's pump up song before running.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Gus can easily be imagined as a cheesy 80s movie montage with appropriate leg warmer music, can't he?

Martok

I will always imagine Gus like this.  :smitten: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

DoctorQuest

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 17, 2017, 06:39:20 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 17, 2017, 06:06:03 PM
I started rewatching Enterprise this week. Those early episodes are much better than I remember. And Phlox is far less annoying than I thought. Jolene Blaylock is every bit as hawt as I recall.

The theme song is still stupid.

Ive found this to be very true.  we've been slowly going through the series recently and generally enjoy the shot.
the theme song is the worst.  every time I hear it I imagine its Gus's pump up song before running.

Agreed. Except for the theme song I've grown to like "Enterprise". Like any of the series it has its good and bad moments but I think some of the best are the ones with the Andorians. The Xindi story arcs are pretty good, too. 
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

Gus would never spill his beer like in the pic above. And he usually cuddles his Battle Axe.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Hey now, you don't know how much beer he's had.  ^-^  And he ain't gonna cuddle the axe while posing for the picture!  Sheesh.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Jonathan Frakes Drops Major Star Trek: Discovery Spoiler!

Yeah, it's not really a spoiler. It's another sign of how bad this show is going to be. Let's start off the season by already copying ideas that have been done to death.
The show premieres this Sunday night here in the US. Me and vomit guy have our buckets ready.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

IIRC ST:NG had that issue in its first couple of seasons, which they were roasted for - copying old ideas and re-doing them. Then they brought in new writers and even had open submissions for scripts, and their storylines really took off. If they go this route I'm not sure people are going to have the patience for it to take root.

mirth

CBS isn't going to pull the plug right away on this thing. It's the cornerstone of their paid streaming service.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on September 19, 2017, 06:00:41 AM
CBS isn't going to pull the plug right away on this thing. It's the cornerstone of their paid streaming service.

Which will be watched by thousands on "those other sites" where you can watch any first-run movie or TV show for free. It's only a matter of time before it shows up, I'm sure.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on September 21, 2017, 12:57:36 PM
Quote from: mirth on September 19, 2017, 06:00:41 AM

Which will be watched by thousands on "those other sites" where you can watch any first-run movie or TV show for free. It's only a matter of time before it shows up, I'm sure.

I expect it will be on those sites a couple of hours after it airs.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Trek showrunner essentially confirms that the new Klingons are meant to reflect Trump supporters, and that their cultural split represents the electoral divide of the US 2016 election.

:o :2funny: L:-)

Okay, that's... not automatically a bad idea, in theory. But my desire to see the show has never dropped lower.

Oh, and Jason Isaacs (whom I generally like in his film roles), has essentially dared Trek fans not to watch the show.

...challenge accepted!  :bd:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

^I hope that's not true but I suspect it is.  :(
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak