More Headline News From Maine

Started by mirth, July 31, 2015, 10:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Someone started drinking early today
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Just some lawn work left and then it's my turn to drink next.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I'm just wrapping up at the office.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Con

We apologise for the fault in the forum posting. Those responsible have been sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

trailrunner

Quote from: mirth on September 08, 2017, 01:42:51 PM
Please do. We have hornets and wasps and many other perils.

My primary peril while I'm here will be boring small talk at the wedding.

mirth

Fortunately, we have many intoxciating liquids for that.

bbmike

I recommend 1792 bourbon, which I'm drinking right now.  :bd:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

bobarossa

Quote from: mirth on September 08, 2017, 01:24:16 PM
Yes, this is front page news in Portland, Maine.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/09/08/several-students-stung-by-hornets-at-south-portland-school/

From article: School staff members worked together to support other students who were feeling anxious, providing snacks and comforting conversations, Welter wrote.

When I was growing up, this would result in students releasing hornets in school to get more snacks.

bbmike

^When I was in school the other students would have been laughing too hard to feel anxious.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

airboy

Portland replaced Columbus Day with "Indigenous Peoples Day."   As you read you will discover that Columbus was a murderer, rapist, robber and all sorts of bad.

See: http://www.pressherald.com/2017/09/18/portland-does-away-with-columbus-day/

mirth

Quote from: airboy on September 19, 2017, 09:05:49 PM
Portland replaced Columbus Day with "Indigenous Peoples Day."   As you read you will discover that Columbus was a murderer, rapist, robber and all sorts of bad.

See: http://www.pressherald.com/2017/09/18/portland-does-away-with-columbus-day/

This city is tough to live in for many reasons.

mirth