Ghost Recon Wildlands

Started by JudgeDredd, June 22, 2015, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 13, 2017, 06:01:52 PM
They're adding the predator

Yes.... that Predator

:o

I wondered what the big update was I saw go by recently.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Yes.... that Predator
I actually (for an entire day) thought you meant the Predator from the movie. I was trying to figure out how they shoe-horned it into the story  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 14, 2017, 12:54:22 PM

Yes.... that Predator
I actually (for an entire day) thought you meant the Predator from the movie. I was trying to figure out how they shoe-horned it into the story  :uglystupid2:

He does mean the Predator from the movie. Its a limited time event where players can hunt (or be hunted by) the Predator. Yes, the alien from the movie franchise.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

^ Noooooooooo! -- I wanted the movie Predator!!

Oh well. The realworld drone thing will work okay I guess.

Updated to confusion among conflicting Predator claims.

...why not have both?  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

Wow, there's potentially a whole spin-off here... the Ghosts get sidetracked off into dealing with an invasion of Xenomorphs from a crashed Predator ship, basically being a Tyrannid infestation, and then a surviving Predator in the mix calls in his clan for an opportunistic hunt.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 14, 2017, 12:56:51 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 14, 2017, 12:54:22 PM

Yes.... that Predator

He does mean the Predator from the movie. Its a limited time event where players can hunt (or be hunted by) the Predator. Yes, the alien from the movie franchise.
lol

well, cool  O0
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Quote from: RockPaperShotgunUbisoft's Ghost Recon Wildlands this week introduces the Predator to the sandbox stealth-o-shooter. Yes, Predator, like the movies about headhunting aliens. Players will get to fight a Predator in a special challenge as well collect and use Predator items. As odd as this may be, it does make Wildlands more interesting to me as I'll take a monster mash over oh-so-serious imperialist fantasy any day. And the Predators and Ghosts do have a lot in common: they both enjoy sneaking around jungles, casually slaughtering anyone they consider beneath themselves.

Christ, RPS. The actual story isn't about either of those things. At all. Suck that blue pill down!  :uglystupid2:  :crazy2:

JasonPratt

What's more helpful from the RPS article, is that the Predator mission will only be a free add-on until sometime in "early January", so only a couple of weeks. After that it deactivates. Presumably this means it will be a paid DLC later?  ??? There are paid DLC parallels to the special mission being offered, but not the mission itself. Yet.

undercovergeek

Don't have the game but I thought it was about a team of special forces hunting a group of drug dealing guerrilas in the jungle - it's like it was made for a predator spin off!

JasonPratt

Thus the topicality no doubt.

One of the themed paid DLCs offers a skin, or maybe a whole character class, based on... Dutch? Duke? Dooku? Dusky? Doughnut? Arnold's character from the movie.

Jarhead0331

Neat little movie...Ghost Recon Alpha

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

^That was pretty neat!  O0 O0
Alba gu' brath

Apocalypse 31

That short came out right before the release of GR:FS

Jarhead0331

FINALLY...Wildlands gets optical camouflage from Future Soldier. I've been waiting for this for a long damn time.

Update 3 released today. All 18.3 GB of it.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog