Ghost Recon Wildlands

Started by JudgeDredd, June 22, 2015, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Make you're own mind up

I LOVED the last one and I can't see any reason why I wouldn't want to pick this up

Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Jarhead0331

Very cool. Looks like it has potential to break new ground and restart the series.

What happened to the active camouflage? I love that crap.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

In this game, "active camoflauge" is called "dust", and it is modeled with 4 dimensional physics.

(Also, agreed, looking forward to the game!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 22, 2015, 10:01:53 AM
In this game, "active camoflauge" is called "dust", and it is modeled with 4 dimensional physics.

Four dimensional?

You mean it goes forward & backward in time, too?

:P

Apocalypse 31

This is what Ghost Recon is to me:

This new generation of Ghost Recon is just so LINEAR for me. Everything from the tight, corridor style level design to the (nearly) on-rails gameplay style goes against everything the series started out to be.

JasonPratt

Apoc, they're really pushing the sandboxian open world campaign this time. So apparently they agree. ;)

Nefaro, strictly speaking if the dust is persistent for any length of time at all, it's 4D.

(I was going to make a joke about it being 10D as a programming/math joke about how dimensions are simply ways of keeping track of characteristics and their possible or actual variant states, which is surely true about dust modeled in a video game even if it doesn't persist more than a few seconds for artistic effect; but I thought it would be too obscure, and lead to jokes about bra size, so...  :crazy2: )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 22, 2015, 10:58:36 AM
Apoc, they're really pushing the sandboxian open world campaign this time. So apparently they agree. ;)

Nefaro, strictly speaking if the dust is persistent for any length of time at all, it's 4D.

(I was going to make a joke about it being 10D as a programming/math joke about how dimensions are simply ways of keeping track of characteristics and their possible or actual variant states, which is surely true about dust modeled in a video game even if it doesn't persist more than a few seconds for artistic effect; but I thought it would be too obscure, and lead to jokes about bra size, so...  :crazy2: )

Priorities. Not just bra size, you need cup curve, nipple position, pointing direction, firmness. Thats DDDDD right there.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 22, 2015, 10:58:36 AM

Thats awesome, then. I hope they can get it right.

jomni

You guys complain about Ubi DRM in one thread but not this one.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on June 22, 2015, 06:09:01 PM

I also said it would never stop me from buying a game I want.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

I have complained about many DRM implementations over the years, but as JH - I wouldn't ever let it stop me buying a game that I really wanted and I also believe I've said unless it actually properly hinders me or causes me an issue, I won't boycott it.

oh - and Ghost Recon is waaaaay too cool to be boycotted because of some mamby pamby DRM  :crazy2:
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

I was a primary rabble rouser in that thread.   

And I won't bother with this one.. because Ubi. 

I was a huge sub simmer before SH5 came out and refused to buy that until they added the offline option a few years later.  Was still very hesitant.  So I do occasionally have some semblance of willpower.  If I could wait years for a sub sim, due to Ubi's DRM nonsense, then most other genres don't stand a chance, even with my game collecting obsession.  :idiot2:

JasonPratt

I habitually block the reality of its existence until I have to deal with it directly.  :))

JasonPratt

Also, someone should cut a shorter version of that trailer to match that poster which starts with "Somewhere a little girl is asking God to send some angels to make the bad men go away," -- then shows a Seal or other elite halo jumping with the tagline "ETA: TWO MINUTES!"