What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

The game says it's for two players, but says it's very solitaire-friendly...somewhere I read that it was solitaire-friendly because there's really not much for the Japs to do in the game.

GJK

Just getting underway with Stalingrad Pocket II.  It *looks* like a heavy game but the combined rules (core and game specific) only total about 10 pages and it's all very basic wargame 101 stuff.  Highly recommended if you want something that you can get into rather easily (though set-up is a bit of a chore though I have created some set up charts that greatly eased the pain):

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

Gary, is that some new fangled counter-picker-upper you got there?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

Hey Stagger - yeah I played ASL against a guy that was using one of these and I liked the way it worked better than using tweezers.  It's a micro chip puller that I got on Amazon for $4.  You squeeze the rubber handle and then plop the suction cup on a counter and release the handle and the counter is vacuumed suctioned onto it until you squeeze the rubber handle again to break the suction.  You can't move a stack of counters at a time with it (but can you *really* do it so well with tweezers?) but it is far superior to getting those counters out of the middle of a congested area.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

Cool. Expect a sudden run on those on Amazon soon.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GJK

Actually, that particular one that is in the picture is now sold out at Amazon.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Ubercat

My semi-regular wargaming buddy uses one of those. She has to because of her long nails.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Ubercat on September 27, 2017, 10:35:31 AM
My semi-regular wargaming buddy uses one of those. She has to because of her long nails.

that sounds hawt
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

She could just use her nails as tweezers, no?  :o
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 27, 2017, 10:39:24 AM

that sounds hawt

....i think he's talking about his cat....

Ubercat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 27, 2017, 10:39:24 AM

that sounds hawt

You wouldn't say that if you met her.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bob48

On the table right now - 'Sicily II' OCS from MMP :-)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Ubercat

You're in the UK, right? Are you retired? Typically home nights? My last regular Vassal opponent is Norwegian (I'm in US) so my free days corresponded perfectly with his free nights.

I'm jonesing for some live, opposed, OCS gaming. I have solo Baltic Gap and Reluctant Enemies games in progress on Vassal. I own both games, as well as Sicily II and Beyond the Rhine.

- Thomas Sowell

GroggyGrognard

Quote from: GJK on September 25, 2017, 06:36:38 PM
Just getting underway with Stalingrad Pocket II.  It *looks* like a heavy game but the combined rules (core and game specific) only total about 10 pages and it's all very basic wargame 101 stuff.  Highly recommended if you want something that you can get into rather easily (though set-up is a bit of a chore though I have created some set up charts that greatly eased the pain):

Great game. One of the best designed SCS games imho. I've played it on VASSAL several times over the past several years with a friend of mine.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

BanzaiCat