What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

I didn't claim it was an effective force.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Much. What scale is that?
LnLP is coming out with a tactical game of the same subject.

BanzaiCat

Smartass.

Not sure about the scale (size per hex), but the Americans are mostly represented by companies and the Japanese mostly by platoons. There's a full campaign game covering the entire battle, and three smaller scenarios covering major phases of the battle. I haven't read the rules yet but it's been on my table.

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on September 25, 2017, 05:55:16 AM
Here's LnLP version

https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/lock-n-load-tactical-series/hell-frozen-over

Hmm. The map makes it look very tactical, like you said...I like the map for War in the Wind better. Would prefer a larger-scale view of the conflict that it offers:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160494/war-wind-battle-attu-island-1943

Barthheart

LnLP version is part of the Lock n Load Tactical system. The map is cool but I'm not sold on the idea of all the scenarios on it.
That Compass game looks like it makes more sense for the scale of the battle.

BanzaiCat

I hadn't intended to do a review on it since I bought it myself, but it is Compass and they do good stuff so I might go ahead and do that.

Barthheart

Why won't you review since you bought?  ???

BanzaiCat

Because I have about 6 or so games that I've received for review purposes, specifically, all of which I'm working on. Adding another to the mix, and especially one that I wasn't expressly sent for the purpose of coverage, should technically minimize the priority. I'll get to it, but it might be a while. Though I don't want to wait too long because the game just came out...last year I think.

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

My day job keeps getting in the way, though.  :(

Barthheart

There's an easy fix for that...  ;)

BanzaiCat

Maybe you can do hippie things like 'quit your job' and make hockey jokes all day long instead of engineerin' up there in Canadiastan, but down hur in 'Murica, we gotta work for a livin', boy.

mirth

Honestly, that Attu game doesn't appeal to me. It looks nice and props to Compass for doing something different, but there's not much about those battles in the Aleutians that make me want to game them.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus