What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 25, 2017, 09:40:13 PM
Couldn't resist putting this on the table.  Jumped ahead of so many other waiting games....

Target for Today

I like that the rules are in mission order, so you can just read through as you play your first mission, tutorial style.

B-17G  "Crap Shoot" pilot Joe Kelly
Friday, December 1st, 1944. Target Alm oil refinery, fighter cover good until the target, then poor
So far, takeoff, great weather, no mishaps

Post script.  "Crap Shoot" got to the target and dropped bombs without much mishap.  Then once flak lifted, they were savaged by Luftwaffe attacks.  An FW-190 managed to "walk" cannon shells along the fuselage.  "Crap Shoot's" pilot was killed and the right waist gunner lost his leg.  Then the fuel transfer pump was lost, so the B17 could not use all of its on-board fuel.  The B17 only had enough fuel to get close to England then ditch.  Several more crew members were severely wounded in the rough landing.  The right waist gunner died from his wounds.  Only a handful of guys will make it to the next B17.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Nefaro

Brutal.

Hopefully one of the crewmen makes it all the way through the campaign.  ;)

W8taminute

Warhammer 40K: Conquest (The living card game)

It's the Astra Militarum vs. Chaos.  Took me about 45 minutes to play solo and the Astra Militarum won very easily.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

Just received IAF Leader. Will be getting to it tomorrow most likely. Among many other things.  O0

bbmike

From last night, 1775 with the wife. About to start another game in a couple of hours.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

got her hooked at Origins, huh? ;D  O0
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

Tanks by Gale Force 9 Games just released their Afrika Korps expansion.  I picked up a mat and some of the new tanks. 

BanzaiCat

Cool stuff, SDR!

I've had this damn thing on my table for a week, though I've had it for a couple of months. Finally got started on the first set of bags...there's three sets total.

Had to clear it off to do an unboxing video/do some real gaming.

Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 13, 2017, 07:08:52 PM
Tanks by Gale Force 9 Games just released their Afrika Korps expansion.  I picked up a mat and some of the new tanks. 

Paint yer damn tanks!  ;)

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Barthheart on July 13, 2017, 08:02:54 PM

Paint yer damn tanks!  ;)

Yeah yeah. 

I've got a backlog of about 80 other figs to paint first.  Did a little work last night for the first time in months and it shows.  I suck at painting anything with fire.  Tried to do a wet blend from yellow to orange to reddish orange.  The blend wasn't too bad but it filled in all the recesses and obscured a lot of detail yet the raised bits still need another coat as the primer's still visible beneath.

Barthheart

mirth

This from the Canucklehead who doesn't round counters
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Israeli Air Force Leader - Long 1948 War of Independence Campaign

It's brutal
Alba gu' brath