The Warthog LIVES!!!

Started by GDS_Starfury, January 18, 2015, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Its been on the block since the mid 80s at least. 
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

It's been on the block since about 1986 or so.  It got a 5-year reprieve after Desert Storm, but once we realized it was useless in Somalia / Haiti / Bosnia, it went back on the block.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I wish we had used A-10s in Somalia and Bosnia.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jejo68

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 22, 2015, 01:12:58 PM
It's been on the block since about 1986 or so.  It got a 5-year reprieve after Desert Storm, but once we realized it was useless in Somalia / Haiti / Bosnia, it went back on the block.
The only reason it was useles in bosnia was the fucking politicians WHO refused CAS to UN ground units under attack.

LongBlade

Time to relieve the air force of the inconvenience of close air support.

QuoteThe Air Force is investigating allegations that the No. 2 commander at its prestigious Air Combat Command told lower-ranking officers that talking to members of Congress about the capabilities of the A-10 attack aircraft is tantamount to treason.

The alleged comment by Maj. Gen. James Post has stirred concern in Congress about the Air Force muzzling officers in violation of their legal rights.

"This is very serious, to accuse people of treason for communicating with Congress," Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-New Hampshire, told Gen. Mark Welsh, the Air Force chief of staff, who testified Wednesday before the Senate Armed Services Committee.

source: http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article8499242.html
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Bring back the Army Air force!

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Airborne Rifles

I'm pretty sure it's been this way since 1948...or earlier.

LongBlade

Looks like the USAF may have tried to monkey with the numbers in an attempt to dump the Warthog...

QuoteRecently, USA Today received declassified data from the Air Force purporting to show the more dangerous side of the A-10. In reality, it turns out that the data was actually manipulated to shed the A-10 in an unfavorable light, which represents yet another attempt by the Air Force to mislead both the military and the public on the merits of the aircraft.

After the piece aired, Sen. Kelly Ayotte immediately called attention to the fact that the Air Force decided to selectively release part of the data and stated that the move to get rid of the A-10 is "misguided, dangerous, and premature" because of its strong service record. (RELATED: Declassified: A-10 Attack Jet Responsible For The Most Friendly Fire)

source: http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/18/air-force-continues-smear-campaign-against-a-10-jets/

Centurion40

They should find homes in these stables:

Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GDS_Starfury

IIRC the C model A-10 has a glass cockpit now (that means all the flight info are now on touch screens Mirth).

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

OJsDad

So, do I have this right.  The AF wants to fund the F35 by eliminating the A10.  But wasn't the F35 meant to replace the F15 and F16 also.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 25, 2015, 11:13:36 PM
IIRC the C model A-10 has a glass cockpit now (that means all the flight info are now on touch screens Mirth).

::) Thanks Double A.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus