Main Menu

Broke Down and...

Started by Jarhead0331, November 20, 2014, 10:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

...picked up an xboxOne. The Halo Master Chief Collection made me do it. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

Yeah my buddies are putting the pressure on for me to get one for just that reason..... $9K for a new roof is putting a kink in that though.....  :buck2:

BanzaiCat

Congrats. I might be tempted to do that myself but past experience proves I'm not much for console gaming anymore. I received an Xbox 360 for Christmas about four, five years ago and I can count on one hand how many times I played it all this time. I gave it to my son to put in his room, and he doesn't even touch it.

I remember when I was a kid having a TV with VCR combo in my room, along with a ColecoVision, meant I'd rarely be seen outside.  :)

bbmike

So, the Xbox vs PlayStation war is over and Xbox won?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2014, 10:42:09 AM
..... $9K for a new roof is putting a kink in that though.....  :buck2:

Damn! How big is your roof? Lots of dormers or something?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 20, 2014, 08:10:24 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2014, 10:42:09 AM
..... $9K for a new roof is putting a kink in that though.....  :buck2:

Damn! How big is your roof? Lots of dormers or something?

That was the least expensive. Had quotes all the way up to $16k!

About 2400 sq. ft. of surface area cottage style on a bungalow. Lots of valleys and shit. Also we're buying long life shingles, hopefully won't have to replace til after I'm too old to live here.  :buck2:

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on November 20, 2014, 07:09:20 PM

Actually, quite the contrary. Ps4 is outselling the xbox one and personally, I prefer the ps4, as well. However, I knew there would come a time when Xbox released an exclusive title that I simply wanted to play. That time has come.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

How did your clear this with Mrs. JH?  :knuppel2:
I don't believe for a second my wife would accept two consoles...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 21, 2014, 07:30:11 AM

Your wife is a saint for accepting one.

Jarhead0331

I don't complain when she buys a handbag or a new pair of shoes...she doesn't complain when I buy a new toy. In any event...who says she actually knows about it?  O:-)
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grimnirsson

An XO? Never, no matter how cheap it will get...M$ just blew it this time on several levels and when they announced their new box I said 'no!' and I'm saying that as a dedicated 360 gamer.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

JasonPratt

I continue to hope for a Master Chief PC collection one day, though I suspect that day may never come.  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2014, 06:16:09 AM
Quote from: bbmike on November 20, 2014, 07:09:20 PM

Actually, quite the contrary. Ps4 is outselling the xbox one and personally, I prefer the ps4, as well. However, I knew there would come a time when Xbox released an exclusive title that I simply wanted to play. That time has come.

Can't believe I missed this thread. 

Bravo JH on your console preference but I also laud you to getting the XBone.  So what do you think of the gaming experience the Xbone gives you vs. what the PS4 brings?

Quote from: Grimnirsson on November 21, 2014, 12:37:06 PM
An XO? Never, no matter how cheap it will get...M$ just blew it this time on several levels and when they announced their new box I said 'no!' and I'm saying that as a dedicated 360 gamer.

A friend of mine asked me recently this same question.  I told him I don't care if they give the Xbone for free I don't want it and I too was a great supporter of the 360.  Sony stole my heart in this new console generation.

I've got 5 consoles in my household but my wife has a gamer for a brother so she understands the addiction.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Quote from: W8taminute on July 10, 2015, 03:00:42 PM

Bravo JH on your console preference but I also laud you to getting the XBone.  So what do you think of the gaming experience the Xbone gives you vs. what the PS4 brings?

So far I'm really only playing the Halo Masterchief collection on the xbone. I did recently get Titan Fall on sale for $12.00, but have not really got into any MP yet. This is going to change soon though with the news of backward compatability for the 360 on the xbone. This is huge news that will earn the xbone major points in my book. This addition is really going to hurt sony if they do not follow suit.

Overall, the actual gameplay experience is positive on both consoles. I still prefer the PS4 over xbone, mostly because of its UI. The xbone is too much like a social media platform. I just want to play games on a console, not use facebook and interact with other people. It is too difficult to navigate and find exactly what I'm looking for. The ps4 seems much more intuitive and streamlined.

Otherwise, they are both good systems and I'm glad I have each of them.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog