Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Digital Gaming AARs / Re: CRISIS GROGS vs GENESIS 5-player
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 01:55:10 PM »
GENESIS OF THE GROGS TURN ONE (Action Rounds 9-12)
-----------------------------------------------------------

If you multiply out 5 players by 4 rounds each, and then add a couple more activation markers for the Canaanites and the Sea People, you can tell we're passing the halfway point of Turn One here.

This was, in order, Hittite-Dave; Egypt-Barth; Mi(tan)ni-Me; and then Assyria-Larry. We really should be on AM 13, because somewhere back among Rounds 5 thru 12, Larry drew the Canaanites' activation marker. But he decided not to play them, since all they could do would be to knock down a few walls and then disappear at the end of the Turn, making expansion easier for Barth and/or me (and/or maybe Dave) in Turn Two.

(Come to think of it, there are 14 Activation Markers out there, so this should really be AM 14. I don't know how we got off count, but I'm going to provisionally suppose I'm to blame since I started our save-file nomenclature for better sorting purposes.  :crazy2: )

Here are the results:

Hits-Dave finished taking that border city between him and the Kaska barbarians, and also finished one of the monuments he had started on his first round: the first completed monument in our game!  :clap: As long as it's in one piece, it'll give a VP to whomever controls it there in Amkuwa.

Eg-Bart bustled down to Eliat, and took that city, since his pharaoh's stack was going to be far from defending Memphis anyway, and with Sais currently lost (even destroyed) Barth will need supplementary income just to stay close to even next Turn. This was made worse by him drawing, and having to play, the Astarte event: a devastating card for a player early in the game, which forced him to pay silver for every town in his home kingdom that didn't have a monument yet. Which currently is all his cities. What's worse, Sais still counts even though currently destroyed and in the hands of the Sea People! (That's why there's a silver marker next to the city; to remind Barth to pay for that one, too. In his defense, the card text wasn't totally explicit about this nuance.)

Mi'ni-me left behind a troop to keep holding my prize of Ergani, but I rolled small on my Major Move and couldn't get my king's stack anywhere useful. They're poised at Harran, on my western border, ready to move one of two directions on my next round.

Assy-Larry's peasants bulked up Ninevah further against possible assault from me later, and recruited some foreign aid from his conquered city (I did, too), but decided not to go anywhere farther this round -- not least because he has run out of silver! But also because this was his fourth and final round this Turn, and he didn't want to leave his new possession unguarded with Rich just next door and with three whole rounds still remaining to play.
Digital Gaming AARs / Re: By Jupiter's Cock - its a Domina AAR
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 12:34:55 PM »
It's also a reference to "Elan the bard" from The Order of the Stick.

Be warned, this long-running web-series will consume your free time like cocaine. But it's a genius affectionate satire to DnD editions and tropes.

+1

I finally got caught up with them a couple of years ago and usually wait a month or three before going back to read more, to give him time to build them up.
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 11:18:14 AM »
It's also a reference to "Elan the bard" from The Order of the Stick.

Be warned, this long-running web-series will consume your free time like cocaine. But it's a genius affectionate satire to DnD editions and tropes.
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 03:42:43 AM »
I like it, Jason. It has a certain je ne sais quoi to it.
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 07:39:17 PM »
I fear "Staberius".

I shall compose a song... ahem.

"Run run run, run awaayy -- ah, stabby stabby, run run run, run awaaayy {repeat}"
Digital Gaming AARs / Re: Can't Build A Space Wall? Call X-COM! (AAR)
« Last post by JasonPratt on Yesterday at 07:34:05 PM »
Toonces' nickname should be "Lord Budda".  :D
« Last post by bob48 on Yesterday at 03:01:22 PM »
I love some of the names. 'Brant the Downtrodden' and 'Jason the Unsilent' made me chuckle.

Tee-hee!
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Yesterday at 02:24:55 PM »
LOL - surprised "I" won because my avatar apparently sucks. :)

I appreciate your tenacity in turning him into a fighter.
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Yesterday at 02:14:49 PM »
7. THUNDER OF INFERNO

The dropship lands, and the squad tumbles out of the back.

They find themselves in some industrial/warehouse district. No doubt the aliens are after cheap imports and GameStop paraphernalia.

There's no resistance in the landing zone.

Kari Pederson, our Swedish representative (no relation to the Swedish Bikini Team), is instructed to enter the closest building.

She does so, but the first room is empty.

Except for the noticeable large scorch mark in the cheap linoleum. Someone had a bad ending to their day, there.

The others sweep around the side of the building as Kari busts into the larger room, though there's nobody home.

Toonces takes point, moving to the corner of the building, and finds a couple of interstellar squatters.

They look like they're about to drop the hottest album of 2018, yo.

Instead of staying in the pose, the lead singer screeches like a skinned cat (or one of mirth's barfly dates), and they scatter to cover.

Meanwhile, Toonces immediately ran back and up a ladder, taking cover behind an HVAC unit on the roof, directly above Kari.

One of the Aliens spotted him.

He said, "this is for ruining our promo shoot!" which came out more like, "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" or something.

Toonces girded up his sphincter as the thing raised its Tonka-Toy-looking pip boy thingy, and...

PEW PEW PEW PEW

Missed! Though that HVAC is totally f**ked.

"Motherf**ker," hissed Toonces as the HVAC merrily hissed and melted due to being pushed well past its preferred melting point.

"EAT MEEEE!" he shouted, as he raised his heavy machinegun to take aim at one of the little gray boogers and went all Sgt. Rock style on his narrow ass.

BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA
SPLAT SPLISH SPOOSH SCREEEEECH

The alien fell over, embarking upon his new career as a coffee table with built-in drink holders (about a hundred of them).

Meanwhile, Pederson checks out the remaining turd bucket and sees she only has a small chance (31%) of nailing it as it is behind good cover.

Despite the relatively low chance, she just witnessed Toonces' God-Among-Mankind blasting of that other alien into gobbets of greenish slobber, and she wants in on the action, too!

Unfortunately, the piece of crap rifle that X-COM was saddled with, which was incidentally supplied from the lowest bidder from the finest sweatshops in New Jersey, failed to make her hit her target.

And...and...and...and...WTF is that in the foreground? Those little alien bastards cocooning people?

Only WE can turn people into Soylent Green!
« Last post by undercovergeek on Yesterday at 12:02:58 PM »
This is awesome!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10