Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Waitin' On That FRIDAY
« Last post by DoctorQuest on Today at 03:34:31 PM »
The weather is going to be very nice so we're working in the garage tomorrow. That and hanging out on the deck.

Going to see "Incredibles 2" on Sunday.

I have a new Celestron Astromaster telescope that I need to get ready for the planet show this summer. Jupiter, Saturn and Mars are all going to be placed for great viewing this summer.

That's cool! Thanks for the link.
Don't forget there's also an asteroid you can see right now.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Battletech is back!!!
« Last post by acctingman on Today at 03:19:50 PM »
I won't lie.....the difficulty settings in the new patch brings warmness to my heart  :smitten:
« Last post by Silent Disapproval Robot on Today at 02:40:24 PM »

Thinking about buying a Kel-Tec RDB rifle tomorrow if I can get a decent amount for my Remington R15 in trade.

I have the RFB. Let me know what you think of the RDB.

Couldn't get them to take my R15 in trade. It's .204 Ruger calibre so is basically a varmint rifle but because it looks like an AR-15 and AR-15s are scary, we're forbidden from using it anywhere but a licensed gun range...for our own protection.  They'd only sell it on consignment so I held off from grabbing the RDB (I was surprised they even had one in stock.  Things are flying off the shelves up here as, unlike the AR-15, for some reason the RDB is not scary so you can shoot it anywhere).  I liked the balance of it and I was surprised how light it was.  I was also surprised how short the overall length was.  It's got a 20" barrel but it's still really compact.  When I put it into my shoulder, my muscle memory kicked in and the hand I use to grip the forestock wanted to grip at a spot about 3" in front of this thing's muzzle. 

Quote from: Barthheart
Also fondling my new copy of LnLT v5 rule book. It's awesome.  8)

Bastard.... When are we going to have a re-match?
« Last post by bbmike on Today at 02:36:50 PM »
The weather is going to be very nice so we're working in the garage tomorrow. That and hanging out on the deck.

I have a new Celestron Astromaster telescope that I need to get ready for the planet show this summer. Jupiter, Saturn and Mars are all going to be placed for great viewing this summer.

Don't forget there's also an asteroid you can see right now.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Steam Summer Sale 2018...
« Last post by steve58 on Today at 02:28:03 PM »
*sigh* wish I'd seen this last night  >:(

PayPal: Additional Savings at Steam $5 Off $30

Offer is valid through 6/30/18 or while promotion lasts; Open only open to the first 40,000 to save the offer.

note:  you will need to read through the comments at the link above.  You've got to do a minor tweak to add $30 to your Steam wallet as your choices are usually 5, 10, 25, etc...
« Last post by DoctorQuest on Today at 02:21:20 PM »

« Last post by WargamerJoe on Today at 02:13:20 PM »
So I nabbed the Company of Heroes 2 Master Collection (mainly so I could get my hands on Ardennes Assault, but was interested in a few bits of the other DLC and this seemed liked a good deal), War of the Zombie (wasn't discounted at all - if it's not going to be discounted now, it probably never will), SuperPower 2 (third time I've bought that game - help me), the Kerbal Space Program expansion and StickFight: The Game.

Was almost tempted by Graviteam stuff, and Ultimate General Civil War, but can't quite bring myself to take the plunge.
Computer Wargaming / Re: DCS F/A-18C
« Last post by mbar on Today at 01:42:12 PM »
Ended up in the drink on my first CASE. Stuck the landing on the second try. That has me pumped! Could not get nose wheel steering to work at all afterward though. Wings up, catch bar up. I must have broke something.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Military Operations: Benchmark released
« Last post by Grecco on Today at 01:33:37 PM »
The benchmark just hangs at 68% and says "shutting down" and I have to manually end the task in task manager.

I have an AMD FX8350 4GHz 8-core CPU, SSD drive, 16 GB RAM and an NVIDIA GTX 760 @ 2GB video RAM.

No plans to upgrade.

I'm sorry to hear you couldn't run the benchmark. We have identified an issue that occurs on certain machine configurations during startup and are working on a fix for it: https://trello.com/c/u956nOfH/2-system-crashes-during-start-up-while-enumerating-opencl-devices

Unfortunately, your graphics card has only 2GB of VRAM but the benchmark requires 3GB of VRAM so it will not run even after we fix this startup issue (sorry!), but it should not crash or hang anymore.
« Last post by JudgeDredd on Today at 01:32:49 PM »
Maybe I should finally buy Witcher 3
Yes  :notworthy:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10