Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Current Events / Re: Van Hits Crowd in Toronto
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 06:35:37 PM »
I'm not joking when I say this, but almost sounds like a case for legalizing prostitution.  Though I'm guessing these guys wouldn't view that as an alternative.

They don't. 
« Last post by OJsDad on Today at 06:33:33 PM »
I'm not joking when I say this, but almost sounds like a case for legalizing prostitution.  Though I'm guessing these guys wouldn't view that as an alternative. 
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 06:31:59 PM »
One of the things that gave me pause when I looked into them last school term was how suicidal they were. 

They're not so much about just doing something and getting away with it.  Not so much the serial killer pathos. 

More the "I'm going out to show these women what they did to me, and I'm taking as many people with me as possible".

Looks like that was this guys motive.  He tried to get the officer to put him down and it didn't happen. 

I'm glad the age group I work with isn't as prone to this stuff.  I only learned about it because I heard them discuss it, but I know how much these germs of ideas can grow, especially among disaffected youth.  When I taught High School I lost a kid to the Nazis who looked at me like a mentor.  I'd hate to one day see someone I had pass through my classes go this way one day.   I'm surely taking any mention of this even more seriously from now on. 
Enigmas of the Mystical / Re: More Pix For A Laugh
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 06:13:30 PM »
The Infinity Stones are Thanos Kidney Stones.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Avengers: Infinity War
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 05:57:18 PM »

Reviewer pastiche. (Everyone also agrees, avoid all spoilers as much as possible.)
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Avengers: Infinity War
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 05:55:59 PM »
A much more vanilla review from IGN:

Reviews so far agree the villains are among the best (even maybe the best) of the MCU so far.

Also, Av4 is CLEARLY being set up as a part 2. This is not really a standalone movie, despite us being told that in the marketing. Consequently, I'm putting my Coke money with Palpatine: everyone dies but Ant-Man (and maybe the Wasp), and Phase Four plus Av4 is meant to work out fixing that problem.
« Last post by Staggerwing on Today at 05:51:57 PM »
The wonder of the Interwebz- turning formerly isolated sociopaths into evil self-promoting subculture groups.
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 05:45:36 PM »
^Trudeau will probably greet him at the gate with cookies and an apology card.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: The Witcher - Netflix Style!
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 05:41:22 PM »
WHATTTT? They don't even get broke in good until the third time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10