Peyton Manning lying in his biography?

Started by bayonetbrant, February 13, 2016, 11:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I'm not a Peyton fan, but, as a writer pointed out last night, these incidents are alleged and they happened 20+ years ago.  While sexual assault is never a "mistake," it did happen when he was in college.  And who didn't do stupid shit when they were in school?  Or take something too far?  Or allow yourself to be egged on to do something you know you shouldn't, but do anyways?  And if this was a pattern of behavior, where are the rest of the allegations in the intervening years?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

that said, if it was a one-time stupid thing, why smear someone over it for the intervening 20 years?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

There'll always be people who want to bring down those on top.  Nature of the beast and all.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

I read the complaint from 20+years ago.  What Manning did was trivial.  Stupid and juvenile - but not something to go nuts over.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on February 14, 2016, 10:03:59 PM
I read the complaint from 20+years ago.  What Manning did was trivial.  Stupid and juvenile - but not something to go nuts over.

That's the thing - it wasn't that severe, so why drag out 20+ years of smearing the other party.  She didn't stir shit up; other people did.