The 2015-2016 Running Hoops Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 02, 2015, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

LeBron is an absolute beast.

So, now that Cleveland has finally won a title, which major sports city is the most sad and pathetic? Toronto? Washington? I'm leaving out Cincy and San Diego since they only have teams in 2 of the 4 major sports leagues.

bayonetbrant

Yeah, but no one in San Diego cares because if their team sucks, they just go to the beach instead.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Skoop

Quote from: mirth on June 19, 2016, 09:58:37 PM
I hate to say it, but Lebron is pretty much the greatest NBA player of all time now.

Nah, he's still a douche, the game 4 shenanigans he pulled to instigate a suspension is BS and unprofessional.  Jordan or Kobe never had to dare the league to suspend the opposing teams best shot blocker so he could gain the advantage. 

It soured his image to complain last year that the Warriors only won because he was missing Kyre and Love, but this year you didn't hear a peep of whining from steph or the warriors that they didn't close it out because of injured steph, injured boggit, or suspended dreymon. 

But hey kudos to Lebum for maximizing the opportunity the league gave him.

So If your the Warriors that made history with 73 wins, then cap it off with a crushing history making defeat of being the first team to give up a 3-1 lead ....What do you do.....You sign Kevin Durant.....

CptHowdy

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 21, 2016, 12:16:14 AM

So, now that Cleveland has finally won a title, which major sports city is the most sad and pathetic? Toronto? Washington? I'm leaving out Cincy and San Diego since they only have teams in 2 of the 4 major sports leagues.

atlanta  ;D

Arctic Blast

Quote from: CptHowdy on July 04, 2016, 05:22:10 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 21, 2016, 12:16:14 AM

atlanta  ;D

Good call! They're so bad that I had actually forgotten about them.  ;D