The 2015-2016 Running Hoops Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 02, 2015, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

So everyone knows the Warriors are on a record pace for wins in the NBA, but no one has noticed what the Spurs are doing.  They might win 70 themselves.

Let's put this another few ways:
No one has ever won 70 and not won the league
No one has ever won 69 and not won the league
No one has ever won 68 and not won the league
In fact, the last team to win 68 that was not the Jordan-led Chicago Bulls...  the 72-73 Boston Celtics.

The list of teams that have won at least 68 regular-season games is
66-67 Philly 76ers
71-72 LA Lakers
72-73 Boston Celtics
95-96 Chicago Bulls
96-97 Chicago Bulls
that's it.  Five teams.  Ever

We might get 2 in one season, and because they're in the same conference, San Antonio could win 70 games and finish 3 games back.  Let that sink in for a second...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

UNC won the ACC regular season and tournament. 
Dook did not.

bayonetbrant

Last time a team did both in the ACC they got a 2-seed (Miami)...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Skoop

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 06, 2016, 11:32:50 PM
So everyone knows the Warriors are on a record pace for wins in the NBA, but no one has noticed what the Spurs are doing.  They might win 70 themselves.

Let's put this another few ways:
No one has ever won 70 and not won the league
No one has ever won 69 and not won the league
No one has ever won 68 and not won the league
In fact, the last team to win 68 that was not the Jordan-led Chicago Bulls...  the 72-73 Boston Celtics.

The list of teams that have won at least 68 regular-season games is
66-67 Philly 76ers

71-72 LA Lakers
72-73 Boston Celtics
95-96 Chicago Bulls
96-97 Chicago Bulls
that's it.  Five teams.  Ever

We might get 2 in one season, and because they're in the same conference, San Antonio could win 70 games and finish 3 games back.  Let that sink in for a second...

lol, so now seeing how it all played out, Warriors on the verge of closing it out.

Also, am I the only one here that thinks Lebron is the biggest DB in sports....enquiring minds want to know.  I really hope the Warriors do it tonite even without Dreymon....I want to see Lebron cry.....

mirth

I am not a Lebron fan and I like Steve Kerr, but I'd love to see a Cavs upset win tonight.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Grim.Reaper

Not a big basketball fan, but I live in the cleveland area so hoping they can win....if that does happen, tops off a crazy week with pens winning the cup last Sunday and then this.

mirth

You had to drag the Penguins into the conversation
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Grim.Reaper

bayonetbrant

I just want Cleveland to win a title so the whole f'n' city can quit whining already ;)

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 19, 2016, 09:29:17 PM
I just want Cleveland to win a title so the whole f'n' city can quit whining already ;)

I'm not sure an NBA title will change that.

bayonetbrant

mirth

mirth

mirth

I hate to say it, but Lebron is pretty much the greatest NBA player of all time now.

bayonetbrant

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mission-accomplished--lebron-transforms-cleveland-into-a-winner-045730341.html

QuoteAfterward, LeBron got hold of a clipped-down net, a college basketball tradition. He turned it into a nylon necklace, sporting it around his neck to accessorize an oversized cigar in his mouth as he walked with his children in tow this Father's Day. To the victors go the smoking ordinances, and LeBron James was so dominant in this series, not even an Oakland cop would dare cite him.