What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Playing Red Poppies Campaigns: Ypres this weekend
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

BanzaiCat

I'm going to make a concerted effort to finally learn Tide of Iron this weekend. Now that I own the old coffin box (from a trade last year), the Next Wave box, and the expansions (Fury of the Bear, Stalingrad, Normandy, and Days of the Fox), seems maybe that's the next step.

mirth

Quote from: ArizonaTank on May 28, 2018, 01:14:06 PM
Playing Red Poppies Campaigns: Ypres this weekend

Do give us a report  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Arrived today. I'm warming up my credit card up for Origins.  :P

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Nice! Break the shrink on that one!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Barthheart

Armageddon Wars.

Syrians rebels VS ISIL. First training scenario.

ArizonaTank

On the virtual table...

Red Poppies: Ypres

Start of Scenario 1,

The Brits are badly outnumbered, but not in such a bad spot.  Many of the German units are disorganized after their advance, and the Brit artillery will eat the Germans alive if they try to take the guns.

Start of Turn Five, in previous turns, the Brits tried to rush the town from the North, but were beaten back.  The Germans tried to advance on the British artillery but were cut up.  Superior British infantry fire and artillery have taken a heavy toll...  But the Brits can only win by taking the town.  Time for the Worcesters to fix bayonets again...

Turn 6 saw a German win...  The Brits did not have good command and control, and the Worcesters were forced to assault without artillery support.  The Worcesters were gunned down by some really good rolls from German infantry fire...

Overall, the rules make the game move really fast...  Doing a campaign scenario next...

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

Quote from: Barthheart on June 08, 2018, 08:41:25 PM
Armageddon Wars.

Syrians rebels VS ISIL. First training scenario.

Those counters look clipped.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

bbmike

That's why they look so nice. Except for those bits on the sides.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Getting ready for a Pacific battle with my new rulebook and dice tower from Origins.

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

Hooray!

Is it a pointlessly tall and elaborate dice tower?

(Please say yes!)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bbmike

Quote from: Cyrano on June 23, 2018, 06:13:41 PM
Hooray!

Is it a pointlessly tall and elaborate dice tower?

(Please say yes!)

No, and I even failed to buy the Shame tumbler.  :-[

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak